Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:53 pm
Devils_lilboy
gothkid82
If a similar topic has already been posted, I do give you all my most sincere apologies.

I am curious as to how many Christian Goths, like myself, there may be here. So far I have been fortunate to meet a few over the course of my life, and, if there any here, perhaps we could become acquainted.

why are you only looking for christian goths?

I don't know, but I heard from a small forest animal who I'm really not sure I should believe, if you look hard enough, use your brain just a pinch, and with the tiniest bit of fairy magic, you'll find that Christian Goths is what this topic is about. Maybe, just maybe, that's the reason why the OP is only looking for Christian Goths.

But of course, like I said, I don't know if you're supposed to believe that forest animal.

I think it's called Common sensicus.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 am
I, too, am also a Christian. I don't seem to follow any particular denomination, but I do believe in God.

I also do not appreciate many people at my school saying I worship satan because I am a goth, or that I have to worship satan to be a goth.  

CapnAlex

Slautghtered_Peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:01 am
i'm christian. but i am a former satanist and rather enjoy telling people who call me a satan worshipper that they are off by a couple of years  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:54 am
I am. Not apart of a specific sect, but I did go to a Babtist church when I was little. I like to find my own answers though.  

TheWitchGotRobin

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:31 am
Crematoria
gothkid82
Crematoria

I'm somewhat twisted.

My entire family is Christian and I attend morning mass with them each Sunday.
As much as I respect that they are Christians and that they would like me to follow them in their footsteps,
I don't believe in the religion, whatsoever. Though my spirit highly regard Jesus Christ and God, sometimes I would love to burn the damn cross or shred every single Bible.

I don't know. I do respect the religion and you might call those brutal wishes to be impolite and ungracious, and yet...

=/

This is the problem with dogma. Religion is horrible, I agree. That is exactly why I am not "religious".

I am a Christian, yes, but I do not follow any particular dogma. I have a personal relationship with God... and the only religious practice I choose to follow is attending church on Sunday morning. The choice was made simply so that if I ever falter in my faith, I have others to encourage me.

For some organized religion works; it inspires them to great lengths... for others... not so much.

I remember when I was a little preschooler, being tucked away into bed by my Grandfather. He would always pray with me then read aloud an excerpt from the Bible.
Oh, how I treasured those moments...
fter my Grandfather left the room, I would clutch the pendant of Mary in my tiny hands and fall asleep very comfortably with the pendant.
Whenever I had felt insecure, alone, or frightened, I would hold onto the pendant of Mary and instantly feel warmed and protected.

I lost my faith long, long ago though.

Never too late to get it back though, hell i was an altar boy at one time in my life. then i got fed up with being told every day that i was evil and going to hell no matter what i did because there was always some little sin i was comitting, or because i couldn't receive the Last Rites. or simply for masturbation. so i left , i wanederd the earth in a faithless blurr for a few years untill my life became so shitty that i could not deal on my own and nothing hlepd, spression set in, one day i walked inot a non-denominational christian church. i walked in with an eight inch mohawk, a spiked collar, Doc Marten combat boots, tight black pants, at least five leg chains, eyeliner, lipstick, fishnet sleeves and a tight white t-shirt on which i had written "Bite Me" the pastor there came up to me and said "Hi I'm Rick, how are you doing?" since then i have bden folowing to some degree the christian path/ I have had amny slips and falls but my faith which was never strong as a cotholic seemed to have increased 10-fold. I knew then and know now that no matrter how bad life gets Gopd is there if i need him. He loves me and He still loves you too. God bless you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:31 pm
Christian Goth I find that to be an oxymoron... like a Christian Witch don't make sense to me its also like a satanist reading a bible wait I do that from time to time revelations is great... but anyway someone explain this to me please the Goth Christian......  

The Toolness

x Socks x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:25 pm
Eternal Dead
Christian Goth I find that to be an oxymoron... like a Christian Witch don't make sense to me its also like a satanist reading a bible wait I do that from time to time revelations is great... but anyway someone explain this to me please the Goth Christian......

Someone who happens to be a Christian and enjoys the goth-rock genre of music.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 pm
I am Christian and goth, and people look at me weird like i am that evil kid from the OMEN. So what i wear black clothes and lipstick and listen to good music? What makes me evil?  

eternallyyours711

CapnAlex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 pm
Eternal Dead

Just because I'm (or anyone else is) a goth, does not instantly mean I am evil and a satanist. That seems to be a stereotyped misconception many people (unfortuately) share.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:01 pm
i am a goth...but i do go to church...when i can...i have to get my parents to drive me and they r lazy but i go when i can....im cathloic  

-Go-x-Fork-x-Yourself-

tears_of_blood_452

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 pm
I am not a christian. But i do believe in a higher power. i do not quite understand how god could make everyone and if he does why would he not like the gay people we he made them the way he wanted them. i just don't understand.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
Crematoria
gothkid82
Crematoria

I'm somewhat twisted.

My entire family is Christian and I attend morning mass with them each Sunday.
As much as I respect that they are Christians and that they would like me to follow them in their footsteps,
I don't believe in the religion, whatsoever. Though my spirit highly regard Jesus Christ and God, sometimes I would love to burn the damn cross or shred every single Bible.

I don't know. I do respect the religion and you might call those brutal wishes to be impolite and ungracious, and yet...

=/

This is the problem with dogma. Religion is horrible, I agree. That is exactly why I am not "religious".

I am a Christian, yes, but I do not follow any particular dogma. I have a personal relationship with God... and the only religious practice I choose to follow is attending church on Sunday morning. The choice was made simply so that if I ever falter in my faith, I have others to encourage me.

For some organized religion works; it inspires them to great lengths... for others... not so much.

I remember when I was a little preschooler, being tucked away into bed by my Grandfather. He would always pray with me then read aloud an excerpt from the Bible.
Oh, how I treasured those moments...
fter my Grandfather left the room, I would clutch the pendant of Mary in my tiny hands and fall asleep very comfortably with the pendant.
Whenever I had felt insecure, alone, or frightened, I would hold onto the pendant of Mary and instantly feel warmed and protected.

I lost my faith long, long ago though.

Never too late to get it back though, hell i was an altar boy at one time in my life. then i got fed up with being told every day that i was evil and going to hell no matter what i did because there was always some little sin i was comitting, or because i couldn't receive the Last Rites. or simply for masturbation. so i left , i wanederd the earth in a faithless blurr for a few years untill my life became so shitty that i could not deal on my own and nothing hlepd, spression set in, one day i walked inot a non-denominational christian church. i walked in with an eight inch mohawk, a spiked collar, Doc Marten combat boots, tight black pants, at least five leg chains, eyeliner, lipstick, fishnet sleeves and a tight white t-shirt on which i had written "Bite Me" the pastor there came up to me and said "Hi I'm Rick, how are you doing?" since then i have bden folowing to some degree the christian path/ I have had amny slips and falls but my faith which was never strong as a cotholic seemed to have increased 10-fold. I knew then and know now that no matrter how bad life gets Gopd is there if i need him. He loves me and He still loves you too. God bless you.

I think they're all named Rick, the pastors like that. I really do.  

ArynChris

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:08 pm
HAH!

Nearly every goth in this guild is christian.

evil

sorry...I am very bitter about christianity....

sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:25 pm
britaki
Taconius
I'm a religious person. I just sort of make up my own Christianity as I go along. I call it the pursuit of enlightenment. There are too many other people trying to do the same thing, it's stupid to pick one sect and follow it, so I just like...do my thing. Wear my black christian hoodie that says "Christ is the solidROCK ONwhich I stand. It's less clever than I value it as. But I like it. And that there Jesus is a great deterrent to practices in self injury. Hell is a scary idea...I bet all the metal there is scream/hardcore with two rhythym guitars and girlpants-singers. *shudder* I wanna go to heaven...and play Jesus' super Les Paul custom with golden pickups and diamond strings...that rip asunder the unbelievers with wailing quadruple blackhole pickups the likes of which the terrestrial world will never know.

Sweet hoodie and I like your idea of Heaven. heart

I have that same hoodie and wear it quite proudly.  

eternallyyours711

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:55 pm
Eternal Dead

How in the hell is it an oxymoreon. first of all you have just done the clasic stereotyping crap and i hate that. you imediately associate goth with satanism and wicca. two religions and yet at the same time you say that they can't also conceivably be Christians. but you offer no real arguement as to why.
the very simple matter is Christian goths can exist because goth is a state of existance, it is not a religion. it clings to people of ever colour and of every culture, so why couldn't chirstains possibly be goth ? personaly i find it very simple i am a goth. (don't ask me to define the term 'goth' because to me there is no definition to define it would be to put restrictions on it) and though i am a goth i believe that Jesus of Nazareth was in fact the Son of God. i believe that He gave His life for me to be forgiven of sin. I believe that His teachings were correct advice on how to live a good life. though i don't believe every single word of the bible is ture (or at least not wihtout question) but i do beleive That Jesus Loves me.
Walking Christain Goth Child right here.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff