Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I will never go on Instant!Messenger again.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poetic pink flamingos!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:57 pm
I'm on AIM, chatting with a couple friends of mine, prepping for a Knowledge Bowl competition on Wednesday, when I recieve the most horrifying random IM.

Quote:
hiiiiii thiz iz jen frum mat clas teh test is soooo hard i dont get it ken u help me icant flunk it y wont u help me w it?? i rilly ned 2 pas math this simister wat wuz 2days asignment? b4 u say no jus rember tht i helpyed u that 1 tyme

Translation: Hi, this is Jen from math class. The test is so hard. I don't get it. Can you help me? I can't flunk it. Why won't you help me with it? I really need to pass math this is semester...what was today's assignment? Before you say no, just remember that I helped you that one time.

(On an unrelated note, she should have been studying.)

MY ReSP0NSe:

Quote:
I would no more help you than a hole in the head. Your asking is incredibly superfluous and your roseate question, thinking I would, does nothing to sway me anyway. Now, quit talking in leet and ChatSpeak, stop being a n00b, and then we'll talk (and I never helped you, because I'm not that stupid).

Granted, it was mean.

HeR ReSP0NSe:

Quote:
u suk my a**.

No translation necessary.

Quote:
You learnt how to use periods, yes you did!. Learn how to follow the rules of grammar and then come talk to me.

---- has signed off at 7:49 PM.

So I was mean. But she needs a life.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:13 pm
Wow. I hate when classmates find my IM names and start spamming up my windows with useless crap like that!  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

Acerbic Song

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:05 pm
Good thing my classmates don't have my IM address... That would be horrid. They tend to cheat constantly, and in their minds, I would be the best person to ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:46 am
I must say, what a delightful irony!  

Galadedrid Damodred

Songo-Hanli Aanali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:50 am
I'm always curious to know how they speak in person. Is she that bad aloud, as well? I would have sent her directions to the nearest calculator-carrying store.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:26 pm
You should be proud of yourself for denying her request to help her. That is her fault if she can't type out her words. She needs to either learn to type, or just fail.  

Radio Chaos

Z Devotchka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:38 pm
....*Totally high-fives you*
Honestly, people like that should try using good grammar.
It really does flow off the fingertips once you actually start. =/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:58 pm
MY EYES! MY EYES! THEY ARE BLEEDING!  

MorganOfCalafia

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:50 am
Yeah, you run into some real beauties on IM. I can certainly see how the Internet can be used to facilitate cheating. I wonder if that Jen girl is also failing English. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:53 pm
Kudos to you! I got off IM after the school slut IMed me with some... odd messages.  

Archdemonessa

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff