Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Death Note Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

red_moon_wolfess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:50 pm
Zieza
So does this only come in manga or can you get it normal reading too?
Yes, although it is only in Japanese to date. If you care enough there is a live action movie that is Identical to the mangas, how far into the series it goes I couldn't tell you as I have only seen a few minutes of the first one. I am against referring those with weak stomachs to this movie as the Shinigami (( Gods of death)) are a bit too realistic and may make some run for the hills.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:19 am
I reckon it is the smartest plot that I have ever watched. I have never read the manga, but I would like to.  

Shikaeii

sirioneowyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:32 pm
Rawr.
Death Note is pretty good. I didn't really want to read the manga, but then I ended up watching most of the anime, and a live-action movie. It's a about a guy named Tsuki (in japanese characters, but pronounced 'Raito') Yagami who finds the Death Note which was dropped by a Death God. The Death Note is pretty much just a notebook that you can use to kill people by writing their names in it. It becomes an amazingly complex game of logic and planning between Raito and L. If you want to watch it first, you can go to tv-links.co.uk, which is totally legal. heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:20 pm
DEATH NOTE was a really good anime to watch, but I never read the book.  

turtles rock

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:48 pm
sirioneowyn
Rawr.
Death Note is pretty good. I didn't really want to read the manga, but then I ended up watching most of the anime, and a live-action movie. It's a about a guy named Tsuki (in japanese characters, but pronounced 'Raito') Yagami who finds the Death Note which was dropped by a Death God. The Death Note is pretty much just a notebook that you can use to kill people by writing their names in it. It becomes an amazingly complex game of logic and planning between Raito and L. If you want to watch it first, you can go to tv-links.co.uk, which is totally legal. heart

Wasn't that shut down?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:01 am
My library has a whole manga section...a small one, but eh, work with what you got...AND they have Death Note...Well, all but number 12...><...Oh, has anyone read the 13th one? The extra content one.

At MyOwnBestCritic: Yes, that site was unfortunatley shut down. However, if you search tv-links.co.uk on google, you can find a website with a list of replacement sites for tv-links. I personally don't think any of them are as good as tv-links was, but you have to make do...  

The_Fantabulous_Frenchie

Dapper Member

-x x kyoxtohru x x-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:45 pm
MuffinChick54
So has anybody read death note I've heard it's good but at the liebarry they didn't have it. I got a weird look when I asked if they had it! But I do want to read it!
User Image

I'm sorry. I just had to correct this post...

User Image

Revised MuffinChick54
So, has anybody read Death Note? I've heard it's good, but at the library they didn't have it. Then I got a strange look when I asked if they had it! And I really want to read it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:48 pm
FandomSpike
I reckon it is the smartest plot that I have ever watched. I have never read the manga, but I would like to.
User Image

I think you and my best friend would get along very well. She loves Death Note (I think she's read it...), and she says she loves the plot because it's so intelligent.
n_n
By the way, if you're wondering, her Gaia name is JoyOfLight
^_^
CAUTION: She's a major Narutard. I wouldn't suggest talking to her if you don't like Naruto.

EDIT: I just looked at your profile. And your avi. You like Naruto too! Good. ^-^

User Image

-x x kyoxtohru x x-

Chocolatepanacea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:42 am
Death Note is certainly one of the best Manga I have ever read. The fandom may be crazy ( xp ) but the text itself is only more so.

Yes, volume seven is extremely sad. crying

I would highly recommend Death Note to anyone who is interested in:

A. Good Manga

B. Detectives

C. Good vs. Evil commentary

D. Psych. Thrillers

E. Capital Punishment debate

To give you an example of just how good Death Note is, my roommate was opposed to all anime, but through watching Death Note every Saturday she's come to like it.

Be warned: there is not much action. A tennis match, fisticuffs ( rofl ), and high speed car chase is about all you're gonna get; however, if you want psychological messing-with, you have got the right story.

And who dies is actually a twist (highlight to read.) Ratio/Light twisted , and L/Ryuzaki crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am
P.S. I highly recoment that anyone who has read ALL of Death Note watch this:

( eek SPOILERS ARE CONTAINED WITHIN eek )

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/400479

rofl  

Chocolatepanacea

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:17 pm
The entire reason I started reading Death Note was because a friend thought I sounded like Light when we were discussing the death penalty in Civics. gonk It really screws with your mind if you don't have a strong point of view on what is right and what is wrong.

I hope they translate the normal-book version into English. The manga is fine, but there are panels that are all text anyway. >.>  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:55 am
I'm reading Death Note (And collecting it as a side series to my others), and I only have volumes 1-3, but it is one of the best manga's I have ever read, and the art is stunning.
It's so parallel to real life, but the twist of a notebook used to kill people makes it more exiting. The complicated theory's, the characters, everything, is wonderful.  

xXgoth_girl12Xx

Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces