Reply The Official Australian Guild
Best gatecrashing ever! Or, Why I love my new apartment more

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:03 pm
Or my night with Tool, Chemical Romance, and the guy from the Rolling Stones (not Mick or Keith)
Well,
The short story is a gatecrashed a party in the penthouse of my building and (well I cant say I met cause I didnt talk to them) saw Tool, and many others at the party.

The full story is below shrunk and coloured white for those not interested in reading it all.

Just when I thought that I couldnt love my new place any more then I already do (I will post some pics of it soon when I get a chance and give a full description of it)

Anyway I had just gotten back to my apartment about 10pm last tuesday (31-1-07) from a very busy day at work and then visiting dad in the hospital and taking mum home (heaps to catch you guys up on) anyway I was feeling a little bit bummed as I have a lot of late, and decided to inflict some more damage on my liver for an hour or two and then come back to bed. So I went to one of about 3 pubs that are within a block (this one is a backpackers pub and is the busiest and open the latest during the week). The pub was fairly uneventful (apart from meeting a cute german backpacker 3nodding )

Anyway I had gotten back to my apartment about 12:30 content that the couple of pints that I had just downed would help me sleep til I had to get up for work the next day. And in the foyer for my building there was about 5 or 6 big guys who I thought of as looking like bouncers right away and then I saw the security tags hanging around their necks to confirm it.

Now I thought that was out of the ordinary but put it down to them maybe waiting for someone in the building before going off somewhere. So I just got into the lift and went straight to my apartment. Once there I sat in the loungeroom and could hear a very distinctive bass "doof" now this I thought of as unusual cause for 1. the apartment has insulation and double glazing and im on the 24th floor so I dont normally hear anything from outside. I went out onto the balcony for a smoke and as soon as I opened the door there was really loud music that nearly knocked me over. I leaned out and looked up and saw about 30 people all along the balcony of the penthouse a couple of levels up.

I knew now that there must be one hell of a special party going on. seeming that:
1: it was now close to 1:am Wednesday morning
2. they need to have that much security in the building when it is already security access.
3. It was at the penthouse.

I thought that the lift maybe "unlocked" to allow access to level 27 so I went and tried. But no good! Then I had an idea as I watched all the elevators were already on 27 or on their way to 27. I went back to my apartment and forced my newest roommate (who I had see all of 5 mins of in the week and a half that she had lived there) to come with me to gatecrash this party. She was protesting cause she was in old tracksuit pants that were covered in "pills" and a old sweatshirt. But never the less she came anyway. I called the elevator to my level we both got on the doors closed and we waited for about 30 seconds then the lift started to go up.

As soon as it got there we walked straight out and straight into the party which had around 150-200 people. I went straight to the tended bar on the balcony and grabbed a couple of glasses of red for Mina and myself and then we walked around for a bit trying to spot some famous people.

I had stopped for a smoke and started chatting to the guy standing next to me and just asked him casually why he was there. He told me that he was the drummer in the support act for Sleepy Jacksons (or something similar)
He asked me what I was doing there. At that stage I wasnt ready to announce that I had gatecrashed so I had said that Mina and I just tagged along with one of our friends and we didnt even know what the party was for. He told me it was like a wrap up party for all the big day out festivals that had just happened and that the penthouse is owned by one of the organisers (I already semi-know one of the organisers and knew it wasnt him). Then he pointed out to me people from Tool, Chemical Romance and Sleepy Jacksons. While I am a Tool fan I would never have recognised them. Afterwards though I did recognise one of the Rolling Stones (not Mick or Keith) so Im not sure of his name but he also has longish black hair (no doubt all colouring by his age)
Then before I left I had another couple of glasses of red, ate so much Royal Jelly and gourmet cheese, lamb shanks that I could barely move and went to leave.
Then as I was leaving one of the other organisers the one that I know (sort of) saw me and came up to chat and introduced me to the penthouse owner.
Wow (and no I dont mean warcraft man that game has killed that word) what a night!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:42 pm
not bad, now where is the building of yours? blaugh  

Black-Almaz

Falethial

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:07 pm
Interesting. Ya know...lame ol' me. I've never managed to gate-crash a decent party....Highly disappointing! Can I come next time XD!?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:26 am
You Don't Deserve To Be Lonely,

..I hate you.
¬_¬

No, not really..But still.
Jealous.

But Those Drugs You Got Won't Make You Feel Better.

Chibmeister.mp3

3,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Alexie_dennison

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:04 pm
HOLY SHIZORS!