Talismans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GutzGuitar

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:24 pm
I have a Beltbuckle that I had custom made with a celtic cross and birds and such emiting from the middle to symbolize life and that.
I keep it as a object to hold onto, somehow keeps my spirits up and provides good blunt force injuries  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:42 pm
I have an ankh and the Eye of Horus that I always wear. Well, I say always, but the chain that the Eye was on broke so it's just the ankh for now.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:23 am
My amber earrings and necklace are almost a part of me I wear them almost constantly (except for rare instances). I store a bit of energy in them or draw on them when it is necessary. I also have three rings that don't leave my fingers. One is a simple celtic knot, a second a celtic knot with dragons, and a third is a blue square topaz set in silver. I tend to wear silver much more than gold... so all of my normal day to day jewerly is set in silver. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:32 am
Lord Charlemain Richards
I have a silver rope-style chain that I haven't taken off in six years. It's pretty short.

Wow. I don't know how you do it!

I can never sleep if I'm wearing jewellery. It always comes off at bedtime and gets heaped on again in the morning.  

Veruniel
Crew

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:22 pm
I have a few necklaces I wear. Though I switch them everyday depending on my mood or what I wear, I can't leave the house without one on or I feel strange for the whole day.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:13 pm
well i carry around various sigils some even im printed on my body like:
luck
strength
love
clarity
energy
protection and
all the elements talismins  

Aubrey of the sliver line

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:03 pm
For three years or so I wore an Evanescence wristband every day. I dunno if it would count as a talisman, but I always wore it. It became sort of a symbol for me. I finally stopped wearing it because I was sick of worrying that I'd accidentally rip it in half.

Also, I have a black sweater that I love to death. It's almost like a security blanket to me. Unfortunately, it has a gigantic rip under the left arm that has prevented me from wearing it for awhile.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:28 pm
well, I have a titanium, marcasite and bloodstone ring that I bought for myself about 6 years ago, I wear it all the time, the only time it comes off is in the shower, and in martial arts (no jewelry allowed)

plus a black onyx african style choker necklace. once again, it comes off at the same times, I feel weird without it. I made it 3 years ago...  

nightwing773

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:57 pm
This... ring, here. It's made of very hard red wax and some sort of reflective metal substance (aluminum and steel are my first guesses, it isn't iron or pewter because it's tough and hasn't rusted yet). In every picture that involves one of my hands, it's always my ring hand (left hand).

It's a promise ring. It only comes off in situations in which I might lose it, but otherwise it hasn't come off since August 14th, 2006.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:49 pm
Well, I wore one of those yellow 'Livestrong' braclet for two or three years, until I took it off becaus eI was just sick of it. I alwats wear my faux diamond earrings, though.
3nodding  

Bakurish

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:03 pm
I have a necklace I haven't removed for about a year and a half.
I don't know how that started, but now that I'm so used to it I can't stand not wearing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:46 pm
i wear my rings all the time, but i wouldnt refer to them as talismans...a scottish thistle design on one(in silver), knotwork design on another(also silver), a thinner banded one with a wax-stamp style celtic spiral design on it as well as two celtic fire knots(sterling silver, which it turns out i'm a tad allergic to), and a dragon stamp one with a broken and slightly bent up band on it(stainless steel...yes i broke it).

theres also a necklace i wear made of store bought hematite beads(4 at the back are magnetic to help with energy flow to my brain), and a tag with a protection rune on it...i suppose one could consider that a talisman. i believe it helps to keep me safe.  

DR490N

CapnAlex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:15 am
I don't have much in the way of jewellery and tallismans just yet, although I do want more.

I have a few tribal looking things, as well as a biohazard symbol pendant which I wear a lot. I like it when I get asked what it means, as if it was a spritual symbol.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff