Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disinclined

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 pm
.Fates Morningstar.

zigeunerweisen`
The old library was in horrible need of dusting. So badly in need, Aurelius sneezed and brought up another cloud of dust when she removed a book.

Well, it was her fault for going to such an out-of-the-way part of the library. Hardly anyone came out to the 800s of the nonfiction section, where they kept the philosophers and biographies. The one she was holding- and sneezing on- was of a well-recognized go-getter: Adolf Hitler. As she walked back to her table, she was flipping through its dusty pages. What were his methods? How did he get things done? Was it through force or persuasion?...

She added it to her large pile of books- full of Neitzche, Dante and Milton- and sat down. The spine of the tome full of Milton that she had removed from her pile cracked and sent up another cloud of dust. Her eyes watered, but she was rather busy staring at the glowing light she was observing through the cloudy veil.

"Another one?" she wondered, closing the volume of Milton and looking around. There was no one else here but her... why did this always happen??

Disinclined

D was one of the few whom was wandering the library. It wasn't a place he often visited, though with two children to care for he was finding himself within the realm more and more. This particularly library was impressive, if a bit on the old-fashioned side. The entire building was alost as large as a cathedral, and from some of the books he'd picked up, it was very old.

Didn't they get any current day literature? Some of the books seemed a bit . . .out of date.

Wandering through the shelves, a few books in his hands, D was a man on a mission. He was looking for a music section, or at least for a few biographies on past musicians. Cheylir was always listening to different styles, bands and artists - wouldn't it do him well to learn about the people whom created such harmonics? D thought as much, and there for - after a trip to the dewy decimal system and a visit to the cross librarian in the Childrens Section - the pink haired man found himself within the dusty 800 section.

His mind flitted over various musicians - some were Gaian, while others were from other worlds and planets. His fingers brushed along the dusty spines of books, trying to pick out a few good names. Cheylir loved such a broad assortment of sounds that it was hard to pick out a particular favorite.

Intent on his mission, he hardly noticed Aurelius at her table. She was just another face, another patron and fellow literate Gaian that walked the earth.

zigeunerweisen`
As D passed her field of vision, she wondered if her luck could possibly be this good. She'd heard from someone that it was often the first human to be near a Reverie that it bound to... so she shoved her books to the side- Nietzche fell off the table- and ran over to the man. Her fingers wrapped around his sleeve and she put on her best big-eyed helpless child face- though it might not work as well as when she had been a toddler, seeing as she was a goofy 4'11" now and all elbows and shoulders and knees. "Mister," she said, pitching her voice higher, "Can you see that? Over there, near the table with all the books on?" She pointed at the floating Reverie.

Disinclined

The electric-pink haired man blinked as he was "attacked". He hadn't noticed Aure's approach previously - his blue eyes had been glued to the dusty titles before him! - so when he felt a tug at his sleeve he couldn't help but be a little surprised. The blonde haired girl with the pale skin and "helpless" look confused him. She was just a girl, wasn't she? Junior high, possibly a highschooler?

Bah - what did age matter to him anyway?

Girls were plum confusing, so he didn't bother even trying to figure such estrogen-based figures.

"Uh," he stammered, his brain taking a moment to process the words stumbling out of her lips. Something about seeing something? On a table? Bokos? He glanced over at the table, still not sure exactly what it he was searching for.

Thankfully, though, there was only one table nearby that had books placed upon them, and it the black and yellow reverie wasn't hard to ignore. "You're talking about the black and yellow wisp, yes? I can see it quite clearly," he agreed, a little smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Wisps . . . ah, such were the early days of his son, Faolan. Seeing the dark reverie reminded him so much of his son, the once intangible baby ghost. The reverie didn't look to be attached to a wand, so he doubted whatever Aure had was any relation to Faolan.

Oh well. Goodness only knew he didn't need any more children! Faolan was a handful enough!

zigeunerweisen`
"Yesssss," she said, drawing it out into three syllables. Now she had to debate- toy with this guy as she had Jamie, or tell him straight out right away what was what? "So what're you gonna call him?" Aure gave him a doubtful look. "You're not gonna try and name him Kibbles like the last guy, right? Because seriously, Kibbles isn't a good name for a boy."

With a little trill, she went to climb on her table and catch the Reverie. "So, what's your name? How can I contact you?" She widened her eyes and held the little black and yellow thing close.

Disinclined

D blinked as the girl continued. What. . .? What was he going to call him?? His blue eyes, momentarily surprised by Aure's appearance, went wide with even more shock. She couldn't be serious, could she. . . ?

. . . but she was.

"K-Kibbles?" He repeated dumbly, mind still processing what exactly was happening. D, one of the very few non-magical creatures on Gaia, had learned his lesson. You didn't just waltz in to a shop or store and expect to leave by yourself. If you went grocery shopping, watch what vegetables you pick up because it might very well transform in to a baby or an animal or a nightmare or something more.

Shops were dangerous places to be on Gaia - at least for those whom hadn't a lot of space, or compassion in their hearts. D had gotten caught up twice in such situations - one he wound up with a jar, and the other he was handed a wand.

Both resulted in boy children of varying magical history and degree. A fae-type child, and a werewolf reborn.

Now, here, innocently browsing the library halls he's told that a floating wisp is his!?! And ANOTHER son!?!

. . . . He stared at Aure, watching her collect the floating Reverie. Well, logic screamed at him, was he just going to stand there like a guppy with his mouth wide open or was he going to talk??

"Uh, um - I'll have to think about a name. I can guarentee it won't be Kibbles though," he continued, shaking off the surprise and recomposing himself quickly.

Forgetting about the books that lined the shelves, D walked closer to Aure and the Reverie. Pushing up the rims of his glasses, the ex-raver studied the floating wisp. It . . . was very much so black, with what looked to be gold-like runes??? inscribed upon it. Other than that, it seemed about as tangible as any wispy-thing could be and D hadn't the slightest clue of what it was.

"I'm - I'm D," he introduced himself to the girl. "And I can give you a few phone numbers to call if you need to??" Confusion was still jumbling up his thoughts. "Who're you? And . . what's - what's going on, if you will?"

He was polite, but just thoroughly unsure about what he'd somehow managedt o get himself in to.

Now the libararies weren't safe - wonderful! What was this new addition to his small - but growing - family?

zigeunerweisen`
"Prrroooomise?" She jumped off the top of the table, nearly upsetting it. "That's good. Seeing as I can't think of anyone who would want to be called Kibbles." Aure let the dark Reverie go; it floated over to D and rested near his shoulder.

"I'm Aurelius Venport, and that would be nice, thank you." She pulled a notebook- half-filled with philosophical notes on how best to reconfigure a society- and offered him a page. The only empty space was under the heading Neitzche- Vol 9. "And that's an Illusionary."

Disinclined

D watched as the black Reverie floated closer to him, landing near his shoulder and settling. The pink haired man craned his neck, studying it, contemplating touching it. Would the cloud-thing scatter in to a million fine pieces? Was it solid or about as tangible as fog? Was it a wisp like Faolan - easily sucked up into vacuum cleaners and air-vents - or was it much more independent?

"Someone who calls their pet or child or . . . whatever Kibbles has no imagination." He commented half-heartedly, blue eyes staring curiously at the Reverie.

Hnnn. Well, it surely looked like there was no getting out of this one. D was far more accepting of such strange twists and turns of fate that he really wasn't shocked. So he'd walked in to the library expecting to bring back some books and walked out with a wisp instead - life happened that way sometimes. Cheylir and Faolan proved it.

"Do I give him a name now or I can I wait a bit - see what he's like first?" The little floating Reverie was interesting to look at, and D couldn't quite drag his eyes away from the wisp.

Of course, his curious stare didn't last long - the girl was still talking, and it would do best if he listened. Tearing his eyes from the Reverie, he stepped closer to Aure and took the proferred notebook. If his eyes saw the scribble and scratch written, his mind didn't process the words. He was too surprised at finding himself another wisp in such a short amount of time!

"I'm D - D Leroux," He greeted amicably, though distraction laced his words. Taking out a pen, he scribbled down his name, a few phone numbers, and his address. "An Illusionary, huh?" He repeated as he finished, offering the notebook back to the blonde. A look from the black wisp to Aure, and a little grin. "Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is that?"

zigeunerweisen`
Aure checked the numbers and nodded, noticing they all had area codes. "Yes, well, he was very shocked. No, you don't have to name him now if you don't want to, but I know that my first pair of mothers named me a few days after finding me. He probably can't be vacuumed up, because we have no magnetic pull towards anything. Once I think I floated through a wall as a Reverie." She smiled at D and put her notebook down.

"Illusionary are children born from floating wisps, not unlike will-o'-the'-wisps. We all used to have a life... somewhere, but we don't know it anymore."

Disinclined

Was this girl psychic? D blinked as Aure seemed to read his mind about the vacuuming bit - well, at least his fears were relieved. Unlike Faolan, he might not have to be so paranoid about what windows were left open and whether or not the dust-buster was in the hands of Cheylir. D knew his eldest son wasn't exactly thrilled about being an older brother. And now, to have another sibling. . .

Well, life was change, was it not?

D gave a little nod as Aure explained what Illusionary were. So they weren't unlike his Faolan - a past existance reborn in to something new. It was obvious that Aure knew what she was talking about, and as she used the term 'we', it was apparant she WAS an Illusionary. Very, very interesting.

"I see," he murmured, voice still laced with surprise and awe. A glance at the gentle Reverie - he just couldn't seem to get enough of the yellow pattern! It was quite a beautiful . . . creature . . . at least in D's minds eye.

"Will he ever remember his past life or will he have to disver that on his own?"

Perhaps he'd make a good companion with Faolan. The little werewolf child now had a younger brother who shared a similar fate. For a moment - just a moment - to escape the reality of such a finding D couldn't help but wonder if this is what HIS death would bring. Would someday he be reborn in to something else, under someones care?

. . . quite an entertaining thought, but one he could grin about later.

"Hey you," he directed at the Reverie, curious to see if there was a reaction. "Can you all - I mean he - can he hear me and make sense of my words?" Whether or not he could, D would still talk to his newest son, coddle the wisp as best he could. But if Aure was such a Reverie grown, then he might as well get as much information on the workings of a reverie as he could.

This way, unlike with Faolan, he wasn't stuck trying to figure out everything himself.

zigeunerweisen`
"We remember. A little bit at a time, but we remember... There's no way for us to find it out on our own, you see. We wouldn't even know where to look." She smiled; it wasn't a nice smile, like you'd expect for a girl of her age. It was more of a sort of grimace, like this fact pained her. Aure had started to pick up books and put them on the table.

She shrugged off D's question. "We see, we hear... but we don't understand. I mean, I knew my mothers when I saw them, but I felt like I was always forgetting all the things they were nattering at me and what they meant."

Disinclined

"Hnn," D murmured, giving a little nod at all that Aure said. She looked like such a . . a sad child. Part of the man couldn't help but wonder what she once was, or had been. The books that he'd seen on the table top, the notes that his eyes had glanced over, all seemed to point out that she was exceptionally bright and curious. Interested in how the world worked, or something. Many of the authors and books, he figured, were quite a bit adult for the girl.

Given, he suspected she was a young adult, and had every right to read up on literature and the people of the universe. But he still couldn't help but find it strange.

Most girls were in to make up and colouring their hair and other such female nonsense. At least, that's how D rememebered it. But then, Aure, just like his Faolan was, and his new, nameles son would be - was far from normal.

Even on Gaian standards.

"Well then," he smiled lightly, glancing over at his gentle and still Reverie. "I'll keep those thoughts in mind while he grows. I have another son with a similar . . . lifestyle ahead of him," he explained cordially. He'd gone through this once before, and D had long since expected the unexpected living upon Gaia.

So any lack of shock and surprise, any quick acceptance of the Reverie was because of it. He'd been truly floored with Faolan and Cheylir - now that he was accostomed to such things, his new little son wasn't such a surprise.

The Reverie floated from one shoulder to the other, settling close beside D's neck. So very soft and light . . . very much so like a wisp. "Just aother blessing, aren't you?" He asked affectionately, the paternal instinct enveloping D more and more. He was such a sap for the young, new, and interesting.

He was such a sap in general. "Is there anything else I need to know? Anyone else I need to talk to about this, any place I can go when he grows to meet. . .others like himself?" He hated to specify that there was such a difference in the world. But to find kindred souls like his own, others that are journeying down a similar road . . . Faolan had all the other ghosts and children at Headquarters. Was there a place where parents and their reveries could gather?

Blue eyes dimmed a bit, and he offered Aure and apologetic smile. "I'm sorry - I don't mean to be -."

A shhhhhhhhh from a passing Librarian, as well as a stout glare at the pair of chattering fools. D's cheeks flushed and he lowered his voice further.

"to be blasting you with a million questions. . . "

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:44 pm
Who would have thought that even libraries aren't immune from the magic of the world. Go out to find a few books, and what happens? I get handed another wisp, another soon-to-be-child.

My lack of magic must attract these things, because I don't understand any of it. How is that within a year I've managed to go from single and carefree to responsible parent of three? Yes. . .three.

I recieved Faolan first, I believe. I call Chelir the eldest, but in all actuality I discovered Faolan's wand by searching for a gift. Go in looking for a trinket and come out with a werewolf reborn.

He was stubborn though, and didn't come out for a looong time. I take responsibility for that though, what with the strange uprooting of my job and life at the time.

Not even a week after recieving a wand, I was asked to partake in some "jar" experiment. I will admit to knowing what the outcome would be, so Cheylir wasn't a complete shock.

I've learned to avoid the shops around this place. Unless I know for a fact that the sandwhich I'm looking to buy will not suddenly sprout arms and legs and dance for me, I'm ever careful about where I tread. It isn't that I don't love my kids, it's just that I can only afford so many and only have x-amount of space here.

It's tough enough with two mouths to feed without now having to prepare for a third. But such is life, I suppose. Just so long as I don't turn in to those folks that have 30+ helions running loose!

I must admit, though, I am proud to call Ilruhn my own. Faolan seems to adore the wispy thing (perhaps it was because he was a wisp at one point himself?) and Cheylir looked about as delighted as a strip of bacon.

Whatever the case, I hope the little wisp feels safe and loved.

I'm not sure if I'm going to need another crib or not. Where can I stash another crib? Faolan may have to move in with Cheylir depending how fussy this new child will be.

So far he seems . . . clingy. Latchy. The wisp hasn't left my side for long. But that's all right . . .

You can't give children too much love or affection. I would dare say the same thing can be said about little black wisps.

Disinclined

Disinclined

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:48 pm
.Ilruhn =/= Chew Toy.

"DAD! DAD HE'S TRYING TO EAT IT~!!!"

D practically dropped the dish he'd been so scrupilously scrubbing to bolt around the kitchen counter that seperated himself from his children. Faolan was in his walker, and it seemed the little black wisp had been keeping the small wolf child company. Cheylir was babysitting with his headphones, (as usual) when his shout had gone out.

Sure enough, there sat Faolan, trying desperately to grab the little wisp and doing all in his power to gnaw upon it.

s**t.

"No no no baby - uh-uh!" Faolan, of course, ignored anything hsi father had to say and managed to twich one of his ears half-heartedly. Why couldn't he devour his new sibling, the black and rune-covered wisp? It looked like the sweet stuff he'd been given, the pink cotton candy D had spoiled him with weeks before.

Sure, this sort of floating candy moved around and was much more interesting looking than pink. . . but . . . it looked tasty. All he wanted was a bite. Just one.

The wisp, on the other hand, (if a wisp could) seemed surprised. Considering it had a lack of substance, it easily flitted past the boys fingers and made a bee-line for D.

Faolan, of course, was miffed. Face transforming in to a pout, the little striped child gave a huff and almost looked ready to throw a tantrum.

"No crying now," D gently scolded, hoping to gods that this time his son would listen. The wisp (from what he'd seen) appeared to be unharmed. Perhaps it was starteled and confused, maybe even a little peeved at his older siblings oral fixation, but overall Ilruhn looked. . .wispy.

A good sign to say the least!

Faolan's ears went back, and surprisingly he did listen and understand. Growling lowly in his throat, the baby grunted and pounded his fists obnoxiously against the cool plastic of his walker but settled quickly.

"Here, eat this," Cheylir piped drolly, shaking a plush rabbit in front of Faolan. The poor rabbit had seen better days, it was missing both of its eyes (one swallowed, the other lost within the confines of the couch) and some of its white fluff was leaking haphazardly out of its side and stomach. Yes, Faolan had did a number on the little plush. . .

but better a rabbit then Ilruhn!

"That's right, baby," D crooned, reaching down to reassure his little son. For the life of him, he couldn't be mad at the little drooling trouble-maker. "You can't eat your brother, alright? No eating Ilruhn," he demanded, gesturing torward the black and gold wisp.

"No!" He repeated, hoping that his son would pick up the hint.

All Faolan did was growl playfully as he sunk his little fangs in to the rabbit and began to rip it to pieces as best he were able.

A violent baby, perhaps, but D could only hope it was a stage. Were all werewolf children like this. . . ?

"Play with him a bit, will ya? And try not to let Ilruhn get eaten, Chey," D requested, patting the top of his blue-skinned sons head as he passed. Whatever Cheylir had to say, D didn't listen. A flutter, as gentle as butterfly wings, wisped across his cheeks.

It was Ilruhn.

"Sorry 'bout that, you," D chattered, wishing he could be more physical in his affections to his newest child. What secrets lay beyond the gold and black, D hadn't a clue. The library baby was a mystery that D had yet to unlock. . . . At least with Faolan he knew what to expect.

With Ilruhn. . . .? Only time would tell.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:44 pm
.Starry Night.

D stared up at the sky, ignoring the "crowded" sensation he felt whenever upon his apartment balcony. Two neglected folding chairs sat rusted and pushed to the corner; a small glass table top he'd picked up by chance at a garage sale also sat, unloved, in the opposite corner. The balcony view itself was nothing incredible - the parking lot spread forth before them in all its asphalt glory. The neighboring complex glared on the horizon, near enough so all one had to do was stare in a window and the term "privacy" became null and void.

Regardless of the asphalt and buildings, the nights sky could still be viewed, and was (perhaps) the only good that came of the balcony. It was too small to make good use of the chairs, but perfect if one wanted to escape the cramped style of the indoors.

"It's a beautiful night, don't you think?" He murmured to the complacent wisp that lingered beside his ear.

Ilruhn had stuck very close to D, but despite his dark hue and strange rune markings, he was quite easy to handle. He didn't float about, though occassionally a new object or place might draw his attention. He didn't go far from D or the family, and seemed . . . .

old.

There was a patient sort of air, D believed, if (of course) a wisp could harbor an air. Only time would tell what would become of the illusion, but D could only enjoy Ilruhn's gentle companionship.

Tonight was one of those nights.

Cheylir was asleep on the couch, and Faolan tucked away for the night. It was getting past D's bed time, and yet, there was a restlessness in his bones. He couldn't relax, couldn't calm his built up tension and nerves. Was it his children. . .? Though he loved Faolan and Cheylir with all his heart and soul, unlike the wispy Ilruhn they were not patient. It wasn't easy to deal with them, and raising a family on his own was truly getting to D.

Was it lonliness? How alone was alone in a world full of everything?

Was it work? His office, though he loved his business job, occassionally grated on his nerves; and by occassionally, that meant all the time. Could that be what twisted his stomache in to knots, kept sleep from his eyes and faught off such sugar-coated dreams.

Whatever the problem, wherever it lie, D breathed in the scent of spring that drifted throughout the night time air. It wouldn't be long until winter could truly be disposed and forgotten. Opening his eyes, he focused on the pitch-black strip that hung over the city. Stars blinked in and out, playing a game of hide and seek, forever watching, forever waiting.

"They're silly things, aren't they? Amazing how we're actually looking back in time," he murmure softly to the floating wisp.

Did Ilruhn appreciate such things? Did the universe and stars and skies bring pleasure to the little thing? D didn't know - all the information Aure had given him about the wisps presence and understanding was vague, and possibly could vary from wisp to wisp. Therefor, gazing up at the night time heavens, two blue eyes focused on little Ilruhn instead.

The wisp was still, partially tilted as it too "gazed" up at the skies. Though content to hover over D's shoulder, the man couldn't place the exact emotions he thought he felt. They were . . . it was . . . . Oh hell. Maybe he was being too empathic and was only imagining and making up s**t.

Damn.

"I hope you like it, little one," D murmured gently, wanting so very much to reach up and cuddle the little cloud. There was a streak through it - though be it a design or an actual tear, the pink haired man could never be certain. But rest assured, when his little one began to grow, he would never lack in love or affection.

"I'll be sure to take you out again when you're older." Maybe then Ilruhn would further learn to appreciate such gestures.

Disinclined

Disinclined

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 am
Well, journal, I'm writing this again while I sit and wonder. Yes, I'm at work, and the children are at the nursery being watched. Thank goodness for free child care, that's one perk about being hired to this office.

Anyway, the day has been long, slow, and boring. We had a management meeting, the coffee machine broke, and I had been volunteered for making a donut-run. On my way out, I stopped in to see the boys. Cheylir looked bored, as always, and had one of Ronie's kids attached to his leg. Such a patient sort. Faolan was asleep in the baby rocker, drooling with his binkie halfout of his mouth. His little hand had stayed firmly attached to his 'wand', or what I call his rattle-of-d00m. And then, there was Ilruhn.

The little black wisp had been perched on top of the book shelf, not far from Cheylir. The black and white one had floated over to me, knowing my presence I suppose. How the thing functions, well, it boggles my mind. Though I suppose I shouldn't fret too much about it - so long as it moves and floats and flies and flees, so long as it's healthy. . .

I keep calling it and it, when I know perfectly well he's a he. I don't mean any disrespect, but it's easy to forget gender on a wisp. I suppose I was accostomed to referring as the wispy Faolan as an it, since I hadn't a clue upon gender. But with Ilruhn, I understand, I know. . .

But it's still so hard to see.

I wonder everyday, more and more, about what will become of the torn, black and gold feathered being. What will appear out of the dust-bunny god, what will come of it and his story be? I know little, know nothing about such things. I'm still amazed that my family has grown by one yet again. . . .

A little librarian is what I should name him. He seems to perk up when I open books of any kind, and seems even more delighted when I read or speak of nature. Occassionally he flicker and float in front of the television - but whether he's just distracted by the colors, or absorbing the information being sent, I couldn't say.

I like to think of him as my little bookworm, my protegee. He seems (in my humble opinion) to enjoy learning. But that could just be curiosity getting the better of him. I will see what he's like when he grows, when he gains a smidge more personality.

. . . .my donut sucks. I told them white cream, not bavarian crap. They got it wrong - again. That's what I get for being in a rush and trying to juggle 5 coffees, two lattes, and three frappucino's.

I think my suit needs to hit the dry cleaners. ._.

Thanks coffee gods. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:25 am
Journal, here I sit, writing yet again about the little fluffy reverie I have named Ilruhn. He is an interesting sort, and everyday I find myself fascinated by his presence. If any thing as fluffy and wispy as he could be described as having a presence, that is. But there is something serious about the black and gold wispy bit. Even as it sits perched upon my shoulder while I write, I feel as if there's something . . . .something old about him.

I suppose considering, like Faolan, this spirit is old. Reborn of something new, or so the library girl had told me. Exactly what though I haven't the slightest. Where Faolan seemed animalistic (and why wouldn't he? He was a wolf!) this little creature is almost an enigma. Silent and poised. . .

Perhaps this may just be what all wisps are like. For what can scare something so frail and unobtrusive? Besides a vacuum, that is . . . . .

I wonder daily about my little Ilruhn, and wonder still what might become of him. It was nice to know what I was getting in to with Faolan. With Ilruhn? He truly is a mystery to me.

Was he a prince? A captain? A slug? A beast of burden? A slave? Was he kind, cruel, evil, dark, emo? Did he beat women, did he eat babies? The possibilities are endless! Given, whatever he was in his past doesn't necessarily mean he'll be dictated by those choices in this new future.

I can only hope he'll find happiness here.

Well, I hear Faolan fussing in his crib. I suppose it's time I get him up from his nap as he just doesn't seem to want to sleep.

. . . . P.S. Ilruhn seems to have a fixation with cotton candy. Cheylir brought some home the other day, and the little black wisp has been hard pressed to be taken from it. Perhaps it thinks the wispy candy is like him? Maybe he's attracted the pink and purple colours? Wh oknows - maybe he can taste the sweetness?

I just hope he doesn't nest himself in the package or something. I could see Cheylir not pay attention and eat him. .________.

Disinclined

Disinclined

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:36 am
.watching watches.

D didn't understand the little fluffball's fascination. Out of everything within the complex - between Cheylir, between Faolan, and D - out of all the junk, paraphenelia and various miscellaneous crap that littered the apartment Ilruhn had a favorite 'toy'. Given, it was unlike any of the other toys D's children played with. . .

It was his watch.

The pink haired man often caught the small reverie drifting around the ticking timex. Was it the sound that caught his attention? That soft rhythem of clicks per passing second - did it sing to the black thing? Or was it perhaps the soft glow of the face? Every now and then D would turn on the backlight and watch as the green-blue hue washed the black and gold reverie in simple light. If not light nor sound, was it the material? Did he enjoy the softness of the metal band, the smootheness of the face, the simple ridges that were made in design?

What was it that seemingly enraptured Ilruhn with his watch?

D just couldn't figure it out.

"I need that back, ya know," he murmured affectionately, reaching a hand out to tug playfully at the band of his watch. Ilruhn brushed against his hand, a strange sensation that felt almost of nothing, but backed away.

Whatever was hidden within this floating reverie, D had noticed a submissive nature. Perhaps submissive wasn't the right word - nonconfrontational? Well, it was hard to argue when one was nothing but a floating piece of cotton-candy, but D did hope he'd continue to be so . . . pleasing.

Faolan was enough trouble without adding two rascal's in the mix!

Oh dear.

A thought struck D, a horrifying thought that made him cringe. He was going to be stuck taking care of not one, but two babies! Where would he place them? Money was tight enough with two sons, but soon three? Oi ve.

And what if Ilruhn was confrontational and agressive?

Well, no one ever said parenting was easy.

"Come on, you," he encouraged, picking the watch up and slipping it back on his wrist. "We gotta get ready for work."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:07 am
.what to do, what to do.

Journal - it's been awhile with little change in my life. The baby is still as fickle as ever, the blue fa'e is as obsessed with music as always, and the little fluffball is . . . . still fluffing and obsessing over watches.

It's late, it's quiet, and I find it's the only time I have to write. The days seem to drift in to one and another and I find that there is no such thing as 'selfishness' when raising children. Cheylir's a wonderful boy and very rarely gets in trouble or throws a fit, but Faolan is something else entirely. I'm learning how to better handle his mood swings and temper tantrums, but it's not easy. Part of me is starting to understand that most of the time he cries for attention or throws a fit just to see how I respond.

It's strange but he almost seems to enjoy watching me flip a lid. Sometimes he laughs and thinks it's a game, other times he knows he did bad and will quickly settle and do his best to appease me.

Babies! ARGH!

And when will diaper duty be done? o_O;

Thankfully I have only one more after Faolan grows. . . . Maybe, if I'm lucky, the little black and yellow dustbunny will be potty trained?

Wishful thinking, I know. Parenting, even after all these months, still terrifies me. Am I raising them right? Am I giving them enough love and attention? I'm not spoiling them too much, am I? Is my discipline molding them in to a find sort of breed?

Argh. I just don't know.

Heaven knows what they'll be like as they age. . . .

The clock says 1:03 am and sleep still eludes.

Maybe I need to stop thinking tonight. Maybe I need to stop worrying.

I haven't killed the children yet, have I? That's a good sign. . .

Disinclined

Disinclined

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:48 pm
.missing time piece.

He'd been busy. The pink haired raver had been overwhelmed with work and hadn't a moments peace! There were errands to run, managers to please, memo's to read, e-mails to respond to, and clients to serve. Up and down, back and forth, mixed with every colour in between. . . .

Work. Sucked.

The day wasn't particularly bad if one didn't count how busy D had it this afternoon. Other sections of the firm were behind which in turn meant more work for him - and more managers and HR people to please! If it wasn't one thing it was something else. . . .

Thankfully it was over.

Unlocking the door to his apartment, the fair-skinned man dragged himself in. The place was empty as usual. Cheylir had gone over to a neighbors, and Faolan was napping in his carrier. The only company he had that was awake and conscious was the black puff-ball that floated silently around him. The little thing was allegedly some child reborn but lately all D could see him was as a puffy spirit. Fragile and in need of care but. . . . really. . . the little spirit didn't do much but hover over his shoulder or local shinies.

Eyes heavy, the man glanced down at his wrist and saw it naked. Damn. So accustomed to his watch being in its proper place, a spike of irritation soared through the man as he remembered the silver thing had disappeared. He had set it upon his night stand before bed and this morning it had vanished. Faolan couldn't have eaten it because the baby was tucked away in his crib. . . He'd checked through the drawer, under his bed, and around every crack and crevice he could find.

No luck.

So the silver time piece had been abandoned for the day though it often tripped him up. It seemed that without his trustworthy accessory the entire day had been jilted off. . . it felt odd, different, and D could only hope he'd find the thing before the day was through! He really didn't have the money to buy another watch. . . .

Flopping on to the couch, D contemplated sleep. His eyes were heavy, his thoughts opaque and his mood sour. He didn't want to cook dinner but his children were far too young to do much but beg. . . and D was NOT going to let them starve. Shutting his eyes - five minutes only, he promised himself - the man felt a familiar brush of something light. . .

The cloud. The little black spirit that hung around his apartment.

"Mmmph," he groaned, opening an eye to peer dubiously at the spirit. "Sleepy to - - -" His question died as both eyes opened to stare at the reverie. What had once held faint golden symbols now held something else entirely!

Where D stared in to the black void, two red eyes stared back!

"Y-y-y-YOU!" He choked, bad mood forgotten as a smile suddenly highlighted his features. There sat the imprints of a child - black skin and golden swirls covering what parts of his body he could make out. Red eyes, a bit void and dull, stared out at the world. Everything was still mighty difficult to see, to place, but. . . but. . . . there the child was! Nothing but a spirit, but by god how beautiful he was!

What surprised him most, though, was the fact that within the reverie sat his missing watch. Somehow, some way the little, innocent fluff ball had . . .. absorbed his watch. There was no anger over such a discover, just a low chuckle in bright amusement. "So it was you, little theif!" D crooned softly, reaching a hand out to the spirit.

The little fluff ball moved closer, content to be near and rather pleased by his reaction.

D couldn't be more thrilled. It had taken time - a long time - but his work had paid off. Comparatively soon there would be another in the house. . . Oooh. "But we have yet to think of a name. . ."

Diaries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff