Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
So, is it bad... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll.
  Money.
View Results

Nahhanie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:31 am
I think that it's fine to read books outside of the recommended reading age. In most childrens books, there is an innocence that you probably wont find in adult books. Vice versa as well, there are some things in adult books that would never in a million years be included in a childs book.... neutral >  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:14 am
Literature is Literature.
I think it would be retarded for somebody to dislike literature just because it was for a younger age of readers.

I just recently completed my first year of college, and I still enjoy reading books marked at 6th grade reading levels.  

Xx_Murderous Doll_xX

I Am Mr Black

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:13 am
Obiageli
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle will always be one of my favorite books.

This book has it all: It has the usual battle between good and evil and the ultimate triumph of love. 3nodding

This book has a fun sci-fi space travel element. ninja

This book also more generally celebrates human creativity and individuality, hailing as heroes the greatest creative geniuses in the arts and sciences, including Einstein, Bach, da Vinci, and Shakespeare. surprised

No matter how old you are, this book can be read over and over, when your are old...read it to your kids! heart

[Trigger fingers entwined...]

I completely love Madeleine L'Engle... All of her books. The whole series. Wow, I need to re-read those!

[...I knew this was our time.]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:11 am
The Snow Spider by Jenny Nimmo. It's a deceptively simple book and I'll keep reading it for years to come, I swear.  

Artwra

Naturally-Obsessive

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:44 am
I'm still in love with Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss (I don't rememebr how to spell his name!)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:30 pm
I still love the Dr. Seuss books. He was a genius at writing and rhyming.  

Patron with a Mission

JUST INspire Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:15 pm
NAH! I can still be found in the children's section of a book store.
I've loved The Little Prince since I was a wee one, along with The Velveteen Rabbit.
Am I less of a man for that? emo  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:53 am
I think we can all agree that there is nothing wrong with liking books that are a lower reading level. It is fun to read easy novels sometimes. And it keeps our minds open wide to all the possibilities of the world. It also teaches us what interests yout hand small children nowadays and that is very important. by reading we know how corrupt or kind our society will be when teenagers are in charge of the world. its educational, but more importantly, it's really fun.  

Anye5

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:12 pm
I'm 20 and I still read YA and some kids books, especially if it's an author I enjoyed when younger who just put out another book. I figure it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the book. There are plenty of people who hardly read at all, so those of us who do read should feel free to read whatever the hell we want.  
Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff