Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Rejected applications Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you find these applications?
  Amusing
  Disgusting
  Neither
  Both
View Results

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 am
*sniff* I like being a 'grama nattssee'...

0H, w0w, 7H15 15 |234LLy 5C4|2y... |}:

translates to...

Oh, wow, this is really scary... D:

Anyway, being a grammar Nazi is fun. My best friend is a horrible speller and she was actually tring to figure out the word 'owe.' She was sitting there, talking to herself, saying, "Owe... o? Ow? Oh? Owey?" I said, "O-W-E, Adelia." She said, "Ohhhh..."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 pm
My boyfriend sent me a "Flair" (a button) on Facebook saying: "Baby, your amazing." With this he left a note saying: "I couldn't have said it better myself." I replied with: "I could. I would have used the correct 'you're.'" Haha. I still love him.  

darknessofanangel

Princess Tessa of Sailand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm
These applications make me laugh. I love the one that says "You guys really need to chill! Stop worrying about grammar! Grammar is stupid!" And then they turn around and say "So, can I join?" rolleyes

How can people stand to type like that? ALL 26 LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET are included on computer keyboards; let's use them, shall we? wink And numbers are for amounts, not sentences. (Although, Magical Wishing Star, I have to give you credit for that...)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:51 pm
IrukaKan
{ Oh man... I'm very glad that typing classes were required when I was in 5th grade... People get on the internet and think it's an excuse to forget every rule of writing they ever learned. I can *understand* txt-talk on a phone, but when you have a full-sized keyboard waiting to be caressed... how can you resist!? }

I use full grammar even when texting on my phone... spelling team for five years. sweatdrop

In any case, did anyone notice that "Tann's" request (by accident, of course) included a mention of a famous Scandinavian explorer? biggrin Ever heard of LEIF Ericsen, son of Eric the Red?

Melantha007

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items