Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Need Help Recruiting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DumberDan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:46 pm
So yeah, me and a couple of friends opened up a guild based on a certain video game. When the game's popularity steadily started to decline, and nobody came to visit the guild anymore, we decided to change the name and expand the horizens for gamers, manga/animers, electronic junkies and everybody else. But, even after changing the guild around so much, still nobody wanted to come. How do guilds like this prosper and get so many members!? Patience? Mad and random recruiting? A nice warm presentation into the guild!? Some advice on how you guys make a guild successful and bustling full of people might be nice. What am I missing? Some advice would be nice for me.

Arigato mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 pm
Advertising banners in places, things like that.
A few contests with moderate prizes, y'know? Tell all your friends.
I have trouble with that sometimes as well in a few guilds I moderate.  

FlamingChihuahua

iori_lamia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:39 pm
random recruiting can lead to many unwanted memebrs sweatdrop or not smile
but yeah, advertisements, and having memebrs of the guild try tog et peopel with smimlar intrests( their friends) to join.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:40 am
Try putting an add in the advertisment and recruiting sub-forums. xd The biggest thing is to just put the guild out there as much as possible.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:50 pm
Which is kinda what we need to do xd But yes, everyone here has given you the best advice. I do want to emphasize the random recruiting too xd It CAN lead to problems since sometimes people are not who they seem and you don't know anything about them razz  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:05 pm
thanx guys! happy v-day too! thanx for the tips! i'll put it to good use! scream  

DumberDan

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:09 pm
No problem ^^ I am glad I could help 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:52 am
I think our guild gets members based on the popularity of the character, really. (Kakashi and Hinata are very popular Naruto characters ^^)
I don't think the number of membes are a conscious effort on our part.

Agenta

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:35 am
Tell me about it >< It's soooo hard to recruit, easy though it seems ><  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:15 pm
Placing a dynamic Banner on your Sig can be one of the best advertisement you can get. Especially if you goes to post alot in the forums associated with games.

3nodding  

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

[.Timid Dreamer.]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:14 pm
Well I use to have this problem, now everyone in the my guild pitched in to help recruit.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:35 am
Go to the recruiting sub-forums. Apply as much information about your upcoming guild needed wink  

T3h_Evil_King

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff