Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
"Wow, that's really great, make me one!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maer^ier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:37 pm
I've just made myself a corset. [[turned out gorgeous, btw, I keep forgetting to take a foto]] Now all of my friends want them. Therefore, I said, fine, find a cloth you like at Wal[starhere]Mart and I'll make it for $15 plus materials. [[Honestly, they take very little time to make, and I seriously need not only the experiance, but any cash I can get my hands on as well. Band Trip. Nuff said.]] I didn't really expect anyone to go cloth shopping, but my friend Aryn did. I'm pretty thrilled.

Now I just have to figure out which pattern to use for her extremely large bustline and extremely tiny waistline. I see pattern modification in my future...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:33 pm
Maer^ier

Now I just have to figure out which pattern to use for her extremely large bustline and extremely tiny waistline. I see pattern modification in my future...

Take a triangle shaped gusset out of each side of the center back, and voila you've created a much smaller waist than your bust! you just have to fiddle with how much of a triangle you want. But, like you said, it doesn't take long.  

Silvander

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:48 am
Silvander
Maer^ier

Take a triangle shaped gusset out of each side of the center back, and voila you've created a much smaller waist than your bust! you just have to fiddle with how much of a triangle you want. But, like you said, it doesn't take long.

Or you could always elizabethan tabbed corset, in which case you can make the waist and bust whatever size needed. The end corset might look a bit odd not on a person, but on, they look great. xd *pokes her random corset*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 am
People who don't craft don't know what goes into it. I agreed last fall to make my best friend's wedding dress, and now she's fussing because I'm giving up my afternoon's and Saturday mornings to work on it. I sort of think she expected me to spend six hours and have a finished product. The good thing is, once she found out how much time this is taking me, she upped the payment we'd agreed on by 200 dollars. (I haven't told her that if she wasn't one of my favorite people in the world, I would probably charge 2000 dollars.)
At least she's paying for supplies and materials. I've never spent so much at a fabric store...  

Blue-eyes-green

Fionamule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 pm
i tell them ill teach them how to make it for 10$ an hour each lesson plus pattern and materials. they usually say nevermind.
i only make things for people i am really close to and understand what goes into it.

and props to making a wedding dress, blue-eyes-green!! I am probably going to make my own dress, given I come up with a pattern in the next few months. did yall make the design together or was it a bought pattern?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:04 pm
I don't start TOO big projects, so people hardly see them.
Heh-Heh-Heh Even when I make something that takes 15 min to half an hour, I charge them alot, if they even ask, so they don't bother to ask once they have seen like... a sweater or something..... It just gets annoying.....  

pheonixearth

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces