Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!
Chidori VS Thousand Birds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Tao of Maple Syrup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:44 pm
Here in Canada, I just saw the episode where Sasuke used Chidori on Gaara and made him bleed. I noticed Gai called it Chidori at first, which made me cheer. But then, as he's talking about it a few minutes, he says "Whether it's Lightning Blade or Thousand Birds...", and I kind of got worried. Is it going to continue to be called "Thousand Birds"? And what would Rasengan? Will it be translated into some crappy-sounding attack as well? I'm kinda scared.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:49 pm
I think it's gonna be called chidori...hopefully.  

d a s Z o m b i e

Itachi Girl5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:23 am
It stays the same name they where just explaining the attact  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:13 pm
Yeah the name will stay the same, they were just describing it basically ^^;  

churrlo

The Tao of Maple Syrup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 am
Huge relief for me then. I'm glad Toonami didn't completely slaughter everything in Naruto. To think, at one point it was gonna be called "Nathan the Ninja"...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:51 pm
The ********?  

churrlo

Mirrored Reflection

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:33 am
Actually, Chidori and One Thousand Birds alternate, but isn't as bad as Naruto's Rasengan. They dubbed it as "Power Strike". And was it really going to be called "Nathan the Ninja" at one point?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:39 pm
ninja When it is introduced, the Rasengan will sadly be called the Power Strike. ninja  

Crimson Cupcake

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 pm
That's lame gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:22 pm
Thank the lord Rasengan was introduced by as "Rasengan". Can you imagine Naruto?

Naruto: WRROOOOARRRR... POWER STRIKE!

God, that would be lame.

The Tao of Maple Syrup

Dez Nihvet

Dapper Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:25 pm
.[CrimsonLightning].
Thank the lord Rasengan was introduced by as "Rasengan". Can you imagine Naruto?

God, that would be lame.
My friend said it would be better off called the Power Strike... I told him to f**k off and never speak to me again... That would be incredibly lame. And was it seriously going to be called Nathan the Ninja?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:04 pm
Aruko_Shinobi
.[CrimsonLightning].

God, that would be lame.
My friend said it would be better off called the Power Strike... I told him to f**k off and never speak to me again... That would be incredibly lame. And was it seriously going to be called Nathan the Ninja?
I heard that at one point it was going to be called "Nathan the Ninja" to try to americanize Naruto, but thank god it stayed the way it was... sort of. Gawd, imagine if it was actually called "Nathan the Ninja"... imagine all the angry people.  

The Tao of Maple Syrup

PegaVincent

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:23 am
Wow.... A lot of stuff that America was gonna change about Naruto.... Well, the full names of Naruto's and Sasuke's jutsus are:

Rasengan: Spiral Chakra Sphere;

and

Chidori: Thousand Birds.

Rasengan and Chidori are simplified names so they don't have to say the whole name all the time on the show.  
Dubbed Anime Discussion - Watching Naruto on Toonami? Come discuss here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games