Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
How far they have fallen...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think? Honest mistake or "Leet speak"?
  Honest mistake
  Leet speak
View Results

Seriphus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:05 am
In my school, on peoples' birthdays, it has almost become a tradition for their friends decorate their locker, complete with wrapping paper, ribbon, candy, and a little note on the front. (Sometimes they write out the person's entire life story, which I find completely stupid and inane.) This one caught my eye.

"Are little girl is finally 13!!!!"

I think that's the worst one I've seen. I mean, there are a fair few that leave out proper punctuation, and occasionally grammar or spelling, but only that one made my brain hurt. burning_eyes Does anyone have something that restores lost IQ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:41 am
I would hate to see something like that on my birthday. Ruin the whole occasion.  

Galadedrid Damodred

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:02 pm
That ruined my day...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:02 pm
It's not that bad.

Quote:
Are little girl is 13!!!

That should have been stated as:

Quote:
Our little girl is thirteen!!!

One word mistake, that's all. confused  

Natsuri

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:55 pm
If I saw that written on somebody's locker on a piece of paper in pencil I would probably erase the offending word and correct it myself...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm
Meh, I admit that I would be a little disappointed if that was written for my birthday, but mistakes with homonyms I can understand since I do them sometimes as well.

If that was honestly because the person didn't know any better... then my previous statement means nothing.  

xAvenirYuinax

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:56 pm
I try to make sure I use the right hononyms, and if I can't think of what the right word is I just won't use it at all. Of course, that is only because I'm a little perfectionist. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:05 pm
Our? Are? I really can't see how people mix those two up, but I'll chalk it up to an honest mistake even if it was a dirty little one.  

Angel80272

Roguemagus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:59 pm
Well, better than (WARNING: TXT TLK AHEAD) Arr lil grrl l3!!!!1111

Actually, this seems rather mild.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items