conflabitabulous magic spells Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 am
Hey, I sometimes take a look at the more gimicky books. I like to settle myself down in a bookstore and just read everything and anything to get an idea of what's out there. If you haven't read it... how is it proper to judge it, after all? Which reminds me I should give SRW a more thorough read-through. It'll be interesting to see if the impressions I got off her first book are the same to me now as they were before. I recently re-read a book I once thought was halfway decent only to be apalled by it (primarily because of it's completely scatter-brained formating... ick!).

As for gimicky magic stuff... as I don't do much magic, I don't give it much more than a passing glance. I'm about the philosophical and religious aspects of the path, not so much the sparkles and glam. Though that can be fun too. Sparkles are shiney. I like shiney. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:56 pm
ok, i read roughly less then half the first page of this argument. what i have to say is, all stones have the same basic trait: the fact that they are exelant conductors of energy. they all are usualy better at one or another actual effect, but realy they can all do anything. and as was said before, your particular energy affects the overall outcome of each stone. i use quarts crystals as a means to calm myself down, and to magnify my emotions to a level strong enough to send a powerfull feeling into another person, such as love to help them fall asleep, or hatred to make them anxious or afraid. and i use amethysts to help switch back and forth between my consious and subconsious mind. i have done this so many time sthough, that i have become accustomed to it, and don't realy need them. but still, they don't hurt to use anyway. as for books, words have always held power. as does body language, and tone of voice. if the book was one that gives you advice on how to cast "charm" spells or "love" spells, it is probably gonna include tips on how to aproach the person, how to talk to them, what "incantations" to use. get it? heck, if i wanted to I could write one of those books!! xd it realy isn't all that junk. smile  

twilight insanity

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am
auronclone
as for books, words have always held power. as does body language, and tone of voice. if the book was one that gives you advice on how to cast "charm" spells or "love" spells, it is probably gonna include tips on how to aproach the person, how to talk to them, what "incantations" to use. get it? heck, if i wanted to I could write one of those books!! xd it realy isn't all that junk. smile

Thing is though, a lot of (dare I say it) fluffy-esque books don't include stuff like that. A lot of them boil down to "Add clover to boiling water on a waning crescent moon and chant, 'power of the witches rise, course unseen across the skies' seventyseven times and you'll get a car." No explanation as to why clover, why boiling, why waning crescent, why the incantation, why 77, why a car, just instructions. I'm skeptical of books that seem to be just page after page of pseudospells without any explanation as to what's going with the symbolism in the spell and how it gets things done.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:58 pm
Mitsh
auronclone
as for books, words have always held power. as does body language, and tone of voice. if the book was one that gives you advice on how to cast "charm" spells or "love" spells, it is probably gonna include tips on how to aproach the person, how to talk to them, what "incantations" to use. get it? heck, if i wanted to I could write one of those books!! xd it realy isn't all that junk. smile

Thing is though, a lot of (dare I say it) fluffy-esque books don't include stuff like that. A lot of them boil down to "Add clover to boiling water on a waning crescent moon and chant, 'power of the witches rise, course unseen across the skies' seventyseven times and you'll get a car." No explanation as to why clover, why boiling, why waning crescent, why the incantation, why 77, why a car, just instructions. I'm skeptical of books that seem to be just page after page of pseudospells without any explanation as to what's going with the symbolism in the spell and how it gets things done.
...i guess magic stores where you live suck.  

twilight insanity

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 pm
auronclone
Mitsh
auronclone

...i guess magic stores where you live suck.
There's one here owned by Baptists that's pretty freakin' bad...

Even in other stores I've seen, they'll have a section like that. The money maker section, I guess.
I personally feel that you're better off not doing anything if you don't know what it's for, or why.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff