Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
This cracks me up... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funny?
  Yeah.
  No...
View Results

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:19 am
Well, I have officially bored/offended 10 more people.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:30 pm
rofl  

The_0ther_Account

Subservient Nonentity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:58 pm
rofl Superb!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:44 pm
I do that all the time. Teachers hate it! mrgreen  

Red-Chocolate

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:25 pm
Wow, this topic's so popular. I never expected it to reach the second page.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 am
... That is seriously entertaining xd  

Shikaeii

rawr! im a penguine!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:56 am
Ha ha!!! Wow, this is really funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:51 am
You've gotta love that little bit of fun.

Okay, I would find it hard to define a preposition. I was never really taught good grammar; it just sort of leached into my head. chiyojo, thanks for actually putting it in words.

I do correct my teachers on punctuation though. It drives my English teacher to the brink of insanity.

Artwra

-SinRepentRepeat-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:26 am
Haha, that's cute.

I'm sure that this has been talked about before, but gosh darnit it bothers me a lot.
Lots of people seem to frequently mix up the usage of 'your' and 'you are/you're'
It bothers the stuffing out of me and everytime someone mixes them up I want to rip out my hair.

I also hate when people mix up 'their' and 'there'.
*rips hair out just thinking about it*

><

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:42 am
Yes, that is incredibly bothersome. But the thing that really gets me is when people say "good" and they should say "well". Then when I explain to them how, grammatically speaking, "good" can only modify nouns while "well", being the adverb that it is, modifies verbs. They don't even know what adverbs are! It's a sad, sad world...  

joannemily

Dodger Gunning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:42 am
Bugger all prepositions. I hate that rule. Ending sentences with prepositions is almost a hallmark of my region's dialect. I've honestly never cared, although I do notice when people end sentences with prepositions, especially in books. It was really obnoxious doing a double-take at every instance while trying to read Deathly Hallows.

We learned a song, too, but thankfully I forgot it. biggrin I hate learning songs; it makes me feel like an idiot. Anyone else learn the Quadratic Formula song?

That comic however, made me chuckle just a bit. Sort of a pity most kids aren't really like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:42 am
I had to learn prepositions in seventh grade and memorize all of them, however, I never did.

[ Echoing ][ Palaver ]

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces