Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:36 am
SuzelovesJamesPotter
I was wondering if we are going to have Quidditch this semester? If so, I had an idea for the matches. I was looking through the subforum and saw the one match there wasn't quite a success. What if the matches were for a week or at least a couple for days? You could start it a specific time and then end at another time a couple days later. Since we are all in different time zones, this would give everyone a chance to play if they are on the team. It also would probably mean a better turn out.
wink

All good ideas, Suze! All I'll say now is that we're working on it, there will be an announcement as soon as ... wink  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:12 pm
I was wondering if there was any need to help clear up and organize the topics in the main forum area. I'm very good at organizing and would like to offer my assistance, if it is wanted. If you'd like to see what I mean, you can check out my own guild, the link is in my signature.

Edit: Thanks so much, Umi! I'm owling you privately to talk more! --LHH  

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

KitaAmaya

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:55 pm
Can we kick-start the dueling clubs again for this semester or maybe even the next? Because I was too busy over the last semester, I wasn't able to participate in this club, and I would like to. Some of the captains of the clubs don't seem to get online as often either...Anyway, thanks for your consideration!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am
KitaAmaya
Can we kick-start the dueling clubs again for this semester or maybe even the next? Because I was too busy over the last semester, I wasn't able to participate in this club, and I would like to. Some of the captains of the clubs don't seem to get online as often either...Anyway, thanks for your consideration!

Kita, please owl KatieInThe Box of Hufflepuff - she's the go-to for the Dueling Club! New rosters coming soon-LHH

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

turayza

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:35 pm
I was wondering about Quidditch...
Are the teams going to be reworked? I'm not sure that all the team members still come online, or that they want to be part of the teams anymore...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 pm
User Image

I think we need a new sub-forum, or at least a sticky, to discuss news and upcoming events for Harry Potter. The Haven mostly revolves around Houses and Harry Potter-related games. It'd be cool to see what other Haveners think about the new movies, the theme parks, and the other stuff that pops up. I wouldn't mind keeping a post with the latest big news.

User Image

glowkitty

Sparkly Fatcat

Fumetsu Hime generated a random number between 13 and 666 ... 163!

Fumetsu Hime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:06 pm
The Common Rooms should be in the subforum. It's slightly easier to get to. Plus, my eye tends to skip over it everytime I try and get to the page.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm
could we have some more fanfiction contests?  

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Matelia legwll

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:12 pm
Is it at all possible for a crew member to name the main forum? If it is named, a lot of helpful links appear at the bottom of the inside of each thread. I'm in several other guilds where the main forum is named, and it's more convenient than having to scroll up and click the "view forum" button every time. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 am
How about some kind of tribute to the characters of the Harry Potter universe? Every week/other week/month, there's a new character. And people have to write a fanfic, viglette, song, poem, drabble, draw etc... Make SOMETHING to do with the character of the month.

However, unlike the fanfiction contest, it HAS to be made by the one posting it. Because if you can just find something, it isn't YOUR tribute to the character.

Make a competition of it. But maybe into two categories if there's enough enteries.. For example an art category and a literature category.  

Dragon In A Tree

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:32 am
User Image
I just had a totally cool idea. I'm still working out the details in my head, but once I have them I will post them here.

What if we had a thread that we used to play Harry Potter clue? Not with a board or anything, obviously. But somehow.

One person would know the who when and where. Then they would 'deal' out all the other who when and wheres to the players via PM. So then, the could roll a dice and if they got an odd number they could guess or if they got an even number they couldn't. I'm not entirely sure how it would work just yet, but I'm going to figure it out!
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:15 pm
User Image
This is NOT my idea, it's Cy Blacks, he posted a thread for it, although he should have posted it here. I thought I'd put it somewhere the mods would see it as a suggestion.

Cy wants us all to put on our various HP items and such on the 14th and meet in Gaia towns and take a screen shot of us all standing in a formation that is HP related, like a lightening bolt or HP or a snitch. I personally think that the lightening bolt would be easiest.

Here is the link to Cy's thread: clicky!

Also I was wondering about sort of combining this with the idea I had last year. Hopefully you all remember the Haven House Party. I think that if we can get enough people to go make the screen shot we can probably get people to meet in a house. Maybe we could even make the house up like a Hogwarts room (to the best of our ability with what Gaia has) and do the screenshot there?
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Frank Punisher Castle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 pm
I think that there should be an official roleplay. One with Classes, a story, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:21 pm
User Image MINISTRY of MAGIC OWL POST

Matelia legwll
Is it at all possible for a crew member to name the main forum? If it is named, a lot of helpful links appear at the bottom of the inside of each thread. I'm in several other guilds where the main forum is named, and it's more convenient than having to scroll up and click the "view forum" button every time. Thanks!

Matelia, could you owl me the names of a couple of guilds where this is so and I'll take a look

Kitsune no Zetsumei
How about some kind of tribute to the characters of the Harry Potter universe? Every week/other week/month, there's a new character. And people have to write a fanfic, viglette, song, poem, drabble, draw etc... Make SOMETHING to do with the character of the month.

However, unlike the fanfiction contest, it HAS to be made by the one posting it. Because if you can just find something, it isn't YOUR tribute to the character.

I like this a lot, Kitsune! But I know some folks are shy or doubt their own talent, and find it easier to find others work and promote it. So I think there should be two prizes: best original piece, best found piece. I think for the beginning of term (Sept 1) or sooner if possible.

xXMailinx-The-PunisherXx
I think that there should be an official roleplay. One with Classes, a story, etc.

I am all for this, but several variations have been tried before. It affects our guild standard to delete a subforum, nonetheless we have an 'official RP' that is inactive as a subforum. If you are willing to organize it, and there is interest in it, I'm happy to make an 'official RP' In the past, the interest hasn't been there- we're more of a gaming, contest and social guild

ScottieBears MiaKitty & Cy - 10 points to Gryffindor (5 points each) for that gorgeous idea, 10 more points each (total 30) if you two organize it and do it. Sorry I haven't been able to post more often, we've missed the HBP opening, but Jo and Harry's birthday is 2 days away, as is Sept 1 (term) and Sept 11 - a nice tribute to anti-terrorism.User Image  

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

Frank Punisher Castle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:53 pm
LadyHealingHands
User Image MINISTRY of MAGIC OWL POST

Matelia legwll

Matelia, could you owl me the names of a couple of guilds where this is so and I'll take a look

Kitsune no Zetsumei

I like this a lot, Kitsune! But I know some folks are shy or doubt their own talent, and find it easier to find others work and promote it. So I think there should be two prizes: best original piece, best found piece. I think for the beginning of term (Sept 1) or sooner if possible.

xXMailinx-The-PunisherXx

I am all for this, but several variations have been tried before. It affects our guild standard to delete a subforum, nonetheless we have an 'official RP' that is inactive as a subforum. If you are willing to organize it, and there is interest in it, I'm happy to make an 'official RP' In the past, the interest hasn't been there- we're more of a gaming, contest and social guild

ScottieBears MiaKitty & Cy - 10 points to Gryffindor (5 points each) for that gorgeous idea, 10 more points each (total 30) if you two organize it and do it. Sorry I haven't been able to post more often, we've missed the HBP opening, but Jo and Harry's birthday is 2 days away, as is Sept 1 (term) and Sept 11 - a nice tribute to anti-terrorism.User Image

I'm all for organizing it... I think it might be worth a go. Otherwise, If ther are no classes and storylines, I don't see much point in Houses besides the House Cup.

Also, I have seen a suggestion for a Hogwarts-Like house in towns? I'd donate all my gold to that.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff