Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
So I'm Crazy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:47 pm
I finally finished learning how to crochet the other night, and I decided I'm going to make myself ((it actually might end up going to my boyfriend)) a blanket... It's going to be 256 5 inch by 5 inch squares fun to say the least.

Every taken on a project like this?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:02 pm
The worst one I ever crocheted was 310 hexagonal flower motifs. I found that doing the motifs themselves went pretty fast, but putting them all together took alot of time >.<

On the bright side you can work on them almost anywhere and if you start to construct it as you go it doesn't seem so bad.

The worst pattern I ever saw for squares was called a "yo yo afghan" and used over 900 timy little circles that were then all crocheted together >.< so there's more crazy than 200 some!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:42 pm
Wow. 900 circles?
Anyone that's ever finished that is now my new hero. Seriously.

I tried to make my bf(now ex) a blanket that was a crocheted top and bottom of 12" height, 36" width, with 9" knitted squares with different motifs in the middle. I'm still not finished. It ws supposed to be his x-mas present in 05. I'm still working on it though because it's the biggest project I've ever started so I really want to say that I finished it, and I promised him I'd finish it no matter what(and I DON'T break promises)
Though it is on the back burner. The WAY back back burner... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:03 am
i've always ment to make a blanket. Issue? Yarn money. 3nodding  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:21 am
im gonna be making an afghan for a wedding present here soon. the pattern i picked out is knit in three panels then sewn together  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:38 am
I've finished one square and now am working on the second, I'll be having double study hall at my new school too so it should go pretty fast.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

rheane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:05 am
I've been thinking of making a blanket, cuz I started on this scrap scarf and then I thought.. I should make a bunch of them and put them together into a scrap scarf blanket biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:50 am
rheane
I've been thinking of making a blanket, cuz I started on this scrap scarf and then I thought.. I should make a bunch of them and put them together into a scrap scarf blanket biggrin
except you still haven't finished your first scarf... mad D  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:08 pm
I admire you. I'd never have the patience to do something like that! I mostly take on small projects.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:17 pm
My friends and I did something like that for a teacher we had who developed pancreatic cancer. Everyone was given a skein of yarn in a different color with which to make granny squares, and we croceheted them all together into an afghan for her. She was an awesome teacher, and the new wing of the school was named after her.  

Zahra Ovaci

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff