Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
The Raven or The Tell-tale Heart? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
  The Raven
  The Tell-tale Heart
View Results

Miko_Sohma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:06 pm
I heart "The Raven." Otherwise, I don't particularly care for Poe. "The Tell-Tale Heart" was twisted and creepy (although that's what he intended, I'm sure). gonk I guess I'm not one for horror stories.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:48 pm
If you say that you like "The Raven" as poetry and "The Tell-Tale Heart" as prose, you don't have to make a decision!

My most recent experience with Poe was in a book by one of my new favorite authors, Jasper Fforde. I found it in the mystery section of my library, but Fforde's work qualifies as fantasy, too. As a punishment, a character in the first book in the series is left trapped in the poem "The Raven." Imagine spending your life in that poem! eek  

Miradora

randomfuzzy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:20 am
I prefer 'the Tell-tale Heart'. 'The Raven' just doesn't appeal to me. It hasn't got the gruesome appeal of 'the Tell-Tale Heart'... although some people would think that that was a downside smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:36 am
I have to say that I much prefer "The Raven." But then, when it comes to short works I sually prefer poems. I can also understand being haunted by something like in "The Raven" more than "The Tell Tale Heart." Poor baby, he felt so guilty. rolleyes I was more of the mind set that it was too late to be upset with killing the old man, so he should just get over it. I'm not very sympathetic or conscientous, though.

As far as poems go, I prefer "Lenore" to "The Raven." Of the short stories I've read by Poe, my favorite is "The Pit and the Pendulum."  

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100

sirioneowyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:45 pm
Rawr.
I back the Tell-Tale Heart, because I could understand and, this is going to sound weird, sympathize with the crazy man who was bothered by the guy's eyes. Or maybe I'm just morbid. Anyways, I sympathized because I could understand how he could be bothered by something that wouldn't go away, almost like a pet peeve if you will. But it's still not a good excuse to go around murdering anyone. xp The Raven just seems weird to me, but that could be because I don't properly understand the message.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:53 pm
Neither of those are my favorites, but I'd say "The Tell-Tale Heart." "The Raven" wasn't really my style, I guess.

If I had to say my favorite poem, it'd be "The Bells" hands down. My favorite short story is "The Black Cat." After reading it, I named my kitten Pluto 3nodding  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas