Reply The Official Australian Guild
Australian News, and TV shows

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:10 am
WTF!! I just watched a story about the poler bears on ch 9, but at the end, they blamed Australia for killing the ozone layer. As if coal is the only thing that does?……
And blames us for supplying “the power hungry chines, Korea and Japan” with coal, who the hell has the right to call some other country these names. God I hate that show…. (today tonight)

What do you think  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:17 am
Today Tonight and A Current Affair are TERRIBLE shows, full of bias and skewed reporting, and should never be taken seriously when watched.

I don't know how people can watch some dribble and actually take it seriously. Ergh.

On the flip side, Australia doesn't produce much in the way of air-pollution compared to global giants like the US, China and India, but if you look at the amount of pollutants released as a per capita figure, we fair shockingly.  

WellzY
Crew

Falethial

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:41 am
Ehhhh I love the way we're blamed for ruining the world. *cackles evilly* Seriously, we are a wee bit behind in a lot of areas. I know cars, heh, so forgive me for yappin'. Fact is, our emission control laws are only just starting to catch up with the likes of the US. Heh, it'll take years to get all our older vehicles off the roads, so yeah, we're pumping out a fair bit of nasty stuff already. The killer, for us at least, is industry, but honestly, how can they expect us to do the whole 'green plot' thing, where ya have the pieces of forest to compensate for your pollution...when we have no water. Hah, we're an oddball country! And if Australians wanna complain about us selling coal all over the world, then can we sew their mouths shut when the economy collapses if that practise is stopped? Yeesh, ya just cant win with some folks! XD  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:14 pm
One other thing the media has just sided with the labour parliament, they are trying to make them more popular.. Even john Howard is right on the issue of troops in Iraq. a lot will collapse if the troops are pulled out. Don’t forget we are guarding the japs, as they build roads over there  

Black-Almaz

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:07 pm
Kevin Rudd did guest spots on Sunrise, that's going to make him popular with voters anyway.
The media influences almost everything we see and believe so it's always best to follow it with steady skepticism. I have a far more...hypothetical view on the media, but I won't get into it right now.

Still, most stations have a preference for one party or another. I think SBS is the only news I can rely on for the best impartiality.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:28 pm
Did you guys watch the program on sbs about David hicks….i mean if he really didn’t do anything…he is a biggest victim of war I have ever heard…not even in world war 2 has any one been ******** up for 5 years non stop  

Black-Almaz

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:55 am
WellzY
Today Tonight and A Current Affair are TERRIBLE shows, full of bias and skewed reporting, and should never be taken seriously when watched.

ACA and TT = Tabloid TV. you want real current affairs, see the 7:30 Report, 4 Corners and 60 Minutes  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:12 am
i do..and cnn plus news from 3 other countries...its suprisng how much world news differs in all 4  

Black-Almaz

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:24 pm
Black-Almaz
i do..and cnn plus news from 3 other countries...its suprisng how much world news differs in all 4

not really. each locale will put its own slant on the news, relevent to the viewers and the country they are in (eg FOX)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:58 pm
for example there was a boming in turky 3 months ago...and the only news i saw it on was the russian news and cnn  

Black-Almaz

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm
Black-Almaz
for example there was a boming in turky 3 months ago...and the only news i saw it on was the russian news and cnn

that sounds typical. most news services take the approach "always happens over there, no need to cover it..."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 pm
yeah that prity true..i havent really belived anything for the last few years...

i take it in and through about 80% of it out by next morning...like tha blackhawk crash, i couldent belive the amount of crap the media was spinning about that  

Black-Almaz

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 am
if something major happens, they jump on it and ram it down our throats, finding any such bs such as a friend of an uncle of a brother-in-law of the janitor that cleaned some place that blew up  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:46 am
your spot on....one of the sources on that story deid end up being a genitor from spoteless contracts woprking in 5vn townsville  

Black-Almaz

The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff