Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Please stop! Just stop! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grendel_ate_sarah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:39 pm
Those things are mean and offensive. They are used way too often and people should just stick to stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:33 pm
All right, next time that I would call someone a retard, I'll be more specific, and say that they are "A Mentally Retarded Person." There, happy?

Seriously, though, I do believe that we've said that we're not going to cut words out of the guilds vocab just because someone (or two, or three people) gets overly offended and makes a thread about it. Yeah, these words are hurtful, but usually they're meant that way, so there's no reason to get whiny about which ones you use. confused I don't intend to be a mean person, but I get rather annoyed when people try to tell me what words I can and cannot use.

I'll wait for Yami's word as to whether or not this get's locked, there's no particular reason for these threads which result in more hostility than they coulde ever prevent.  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hirashio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:39 am
I never meant for what I said to be taken as 'whiny' or that I am trying to control people. If I am taken that way... then so be it.

I apologize for using my freedom of speech. I apologize for being kind and considerate. I apologize for being human.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:23 am
If it is impossible to do wrong with mere words, why do people die due to them? Something that can kill surely has the power to harm, right?  

Gilco

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:04 am
Everyone has the right to free speech. Those who are easily offended probably won't have a very good time in this guild, as the members tend to be very candid.

As a guild captain who believes freedom of speech is more important than "not hurting anyone's feelings", I will not censor nor censure the candid posts that will come up from time to time in these forums.

As long as the words aren't being used to attack a fellow guild member, they're allowed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:33 am
I don't like it when people use words like Gay, when they mean Stupid. Just say Stupid. x.x  

Chase Keyhole

ljosberinn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:53 am
darlinggirlsarah
Those things are mean and offensive. They are used way too often and people should just stick to stupid.

I'd feel like a twit if I could only use the word 'stupid' for people I'm offending.

A word of advice to the maker of this thread: If you're going to take yourself so desperately seriously, maybe you should stay off the internet 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:14 am
Hirashio
I never meant for what I said to be taken as 'whiny' or that I am trying to control people. If I am taken that way... then so be it.

I apologize for using my freedom of speech. I apologize for being kind and considerate. I apologize for being human.

My god. Do not apologize for these traits for goodness sake. Stand up and be proud of the person you are. To hell with what others think. You have to be comfortable and happy in your own skin. Be happy with who you are. That kind of attitude will not do you any good. For me, if I don't like a word someone is saying. I won't say it. If it offends me a lot and I'm in public I may say something, but usually I walk away. I ask people not to say the ****** word around me and they don't. If someone does, that is their right. Whether you or I think it's not nice, It is still their right. Say your mind and walk away. Hold your head up high.
Peace, Laura (who does highly value all our freedoms)  

hippiepoet1964

m a d c a p .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am
The word that gets to me more than "retard" is "mongoloid." What it actually means is a person or thing with Asian features (predominantly teeth and facial structure). What it came to mean is any person with Down's Syndrome, who are often called mongoloid babies for their moon-shaped faces and slanted eyes. Later, it broadened into anyone with a mental incapacity like Down's or common retardation. It drives me up the wall, because that word does not mean "retarded" or "slow" or "stupid," yet people find it okay to use it as such. Like "gay," sort of.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:10 pm
I guess I got a little bit passionate. Ehehehe redface I'll try to keep it calmer in the future.  

Gilco

winry_chan13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:17 pm
...Deleted? O_o
what?  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items