Shops Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:40 pm
Hot Topic is NOT a good store.

And I do not say this because I'm baist or think that anyone who shops there is a "poseur" goth or anything.

I say this because EVERY SINGLE TIME I buy something there, it's REALLY expensive and the quality it's self is VERY cheap

I'll never live down the day I spent $22 on that adorable Gir shirt, only to have it fall apart in the wash the next day. I couldn't even get my money back. emo

Do you know what is even more fun than just paying a BUNCH of money for crappy quality items? Go to a thrift store, find something cool and then make it your own.

It's a LOT more fun, cheaper, and you won't feel bad about trashing/personalizing what you buy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:43 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
tamachan414
hmmmm, idk how much usd that is *looks up* that's about the same....i have a lot in my bank, but saving for a trip to europe -_-
Where in europe? This is actually really relevent to this topic. If you get to London, skip the changing of the guard or that touristy stuff (although I'll admit the tower is cool), and go to Camdon. The shops there are bloody amazing.
Admittedly, it's easier to find punk than goth there, but whichever you're looking for, you will find it, and it will be awesome.

Just don't forget to convert the prices.
"Ooh! These boots are only twenty dollars?"
"Twenty pounds. Not an 'only' price."

lol, like pounds are twice as much as usd. i was going to go throughout europe, either through school, or on my own  

tamachan414

tamachan414

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:44 pm
Silly_Doll

And I do not say this because I'm baist or think that anyone who shops there is a "poseur" goth or anything.

I say this because EVERY SINGLE TIME I buy something there, it's REALLY expensive and the quality it's self is VERY cheap

I'll never live down the day I spent $22 on that adorable Gir shirt, only to have it fall apart in the wash the next day. I couldn't even get my money back. emo

Do you know what is even more fun than just paying a BUNCH of money for crappy quality items? Go to a thrift store, find something cool and then make it your own.

It's a LOT more fun, cheaper, and you won't feel bad about trashing/personalizing what you buy.

i really like hot topic, but i have to admit that a lot of the stuff doesn't stay together really well. like buttons fall off and stuff crying  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:47 pm
tamachan414
Silly_Doll

i really like hot topic, but i have to admit that a lot of the stuff doesn't stay together really well. like buttons fall off and stuff crying

Yeah, and what other place but a thrift store to find nice, elegant, victorian -esque clothing 3nodding

.+Melanthios+.

tamachan414

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:49 pm
.+Melanthios+.
tamachan414
Silly_Doll

Yeah, and what other place but a thrift store to find nice, elegant, victorian -esque clothing 3nodding

my friend mary shops in thrift stores like 24/7 and she gets the koolest clothes, i am so jealous of her  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Silly_Doll

Yeah I agree 100%. I buy there when they have the 50% off 50% off clearence (so its basicaly 75% off) or their jewlery. My BF and I joke you cant wear Hot Topic clothes in full sunlight without them burning up!  

DarkPrincesa

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm
DarkPrincesa
Yeah I agree 100%. I buy there when they have the 50% off 50% off clearence (so its basicaly 75% off) or their jewlery. My BF and I joke you cant wear Hot Topic clothes in full sunlight without them burning up!

xd That's perfect.

The clearance rack isn't so bad... you at least get what you pay for. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:51 pm
lol, i just buy things there when i have moneys, and have 15%, so yeh. i just wash my clothes a lot, so i have a decent amount of clothes at all times  

tamachan414

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:01 pm
tamachan414
do you know any good goth shops besides hot topic?

dillards and hottopic are the only two I know...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:04 pm
Devils_lilboy
tamachan414

dillards?  

tamachan414

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 pm
tamachan414
Devils_lilboy
tamachan414

dillards?

Yeah i am a bit confused on that one too..?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:18 pm
DarkPrincesa
tamachan414
Devils_lilboy
tamachan414

dillards?

Yeah i am a bit confused on that one too..?

yeh, i searched it on msn, and the results scared me O_O  

tamachan414

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:25 pm
tamachan414
Lord Charlemain Richards
tamachan414
hmmmm, idk how much usd that is *looks up* that's about the same....i have a lot in my bank, but saving for a trip to europe -_-
Where in europe? This is actually really relevent to this topic. If you get to London, skip the changing of the guard or that touristy stuff (although I'll admit the tower is cool), and go to Camdon. The shops there are bloody amazing.
Admittedly, it's easier to find punk than goth there, but whichever you're looking for, you will find it, and it will be awesome.

Just don't forget to convert the prices.
"Ooh! These boots are only twenty dollars?"
"Twenty pounds. Not an 'only' price."

lol, like pounds are twice as much as usd. i was going to go throughout europe, either through school, or on my own
Good. Don't miss out on Camdon, especially if you have a punk-goth bent. Not that you can't find other clothing there.
My god, the lollitas... *falls away into a nostalgic reveire*  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces