Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Howl's Moving Castle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rutoh-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:15 pm
If you haven't yet, read the book. It is a must. I haven't read her other stuff, but I think I must now that all of you have talked aobut it. The anime was very good as it was, but you will never understand the true beauty of the story if you don't read the book. Besides, Howl is much more entertaining in the book. So mellodramatic, but funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:43 am
Okay, I finally got my hands on the original first book. I was stunned that I could enjoy it even more than the anime movie. As ususal, there's a ton of stuff that make great impacts on the storyline missing from the movie. Trust me this an enthralling read that's sure to keep your interest and surprise you at every turn. The action sequences defy your view of Howl and the entire background makes Howl a far more interesting character with even more flaws than depicted by Hayao Miyazaki. Also, Sophie's role is far more clear and her motives make a good deal more sense.
Over all, I believe that this is a worthwhile read for anyone over twelve.  

bakuretsuai

Rutoh-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:05 pm
The best read ever. I love Shopie so much more in the book. She seems to fit the role of a "young old woman" better. And i love how the world is set up better. Things just make more sense. But I do love the movie. Every time I read the book I feel like I have to watch it again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:53 pm
I loved the movie and the book was wonderful. 4laugh It's simply a beautiful story.  

Stelana

winry_chan13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 am
That's awesome! The movie by Hayao Miyazaki was amazing. Everyone should see it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:32 pm
The movie was pretty good. Could you tell me if it's a manga or a book?  

Sister_Lenore

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:57 pm
It's a book.

I read the book then watched the movie. I don't think I would have understood the movie without the book... they left out a few very important parts!

Haven't read Castle in the Air yet. Everyone says it's a bit disappointing, but I've already gone through her other books. Might as well read it, eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:57 pm
MY GOD. What a fantastic movie that was. I LOVED every minute of it. My favorite character had to be Calcifer, though. He cracked me up.  

Kairi_12

Annikaya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 am
I haven't read the book yet but when a movie adaption of a book is as good as this one was, you can bet the book must be amazing. I have to say that the movie was my favorite one done by that guy yet. (Yes, I avoided saying his name so I don't spell it wrong!)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:03 pm
I haven't read the book but I loved the movie, every time I watch the movie I feel like I could get to know the characters. No matter how many times I watch it always gets to me, its such a beautiful story I cry when its over, any other things I read/watch? pm me with suggestions! thanks! 4laugh  

XXPosionAngel100XX

Literature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces