littleraverjoey

Aged Citizen

13,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:37 am

Hello my sweet guildies!

I was looking at AT and I find I can't even bring myself to post there all that often anymore, and it got me to thinking about what I would like to see more or less of in the avatar talk forum.

Obviously, I want to see less tekteks, I hate tektek...always have always will.

I would love to see more permanent rating threads, they seem to be a thing of the past.

what about you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:01 am
Avatar wise <3, I would like to see more realistic avatars than the "OMGosh! I match!!! Gimme 10's!" type avatars.

I do not minds the TekTek threads.

Also I want to see the AT welcoming more people in the AT instead of scaring them away.
Some ATers are so arrogant that they go "Set/10! -5/10! You didn;t flow you suck!"
-Not saying all are like that but you know, some newer ATers would be nice.  

Qwannah

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:13 pm
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

Less tektek threads definately would be nice. A few here and there are fine, but the insane amount of them (sorry for contributing to them every so often) is just....insane. xD

It would be nice if people would accept harsher rates a bit more. The older people do, but a lot of the newer people will either be biased in their rateback or PM/comment, etc. Thing is that those rates would have to have reasons behind them (mine usually do) but people still aren't open to anything other then 10s.

Would be nice if many of us ATers were a tad more open to the newere people though. Guiding them along until they become an ATer of their own basically. Not many people can do that, but it would be nice if a few did. I havn't found anyone to guide yet. ^^;;

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:26 pm
i'm tired of everyone jumping on the "I'M MAKING A BIRTHDAY THREAD" boat
UT's thread was cute
it seems like a lot of the other birthday threads are for 1. insignificant birthdays anad 2. raking in more birthday presents.
xp
idunno. it just bothers me
[/rant]

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:01 pm
FrozenFyre
i'm tired of everyone jumping on the "I'M MAKING A BIRTHDAY THREAD" boat
UT's thread was cute
it seems like a lot of the other birthday threads are for 1. insignificant birthdays anad 2. raking in more birthday presents.
xp
idunno. it just bothers me
[/rant]
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

Then compare it with mine which only made it to 14 posts. xD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:12 pm
No more tek tek contests, how hard is it to tek tek anyway?
I do though, enjoy other contests like theme, cos-play, or pull off random item contests.

I'm a new @-er, so most of it's not grown too tiresome or repetitive(cept tek'nz).

I'm pretty sure my mind might change about this later, but I really don't care a great deal about rating people. I rather enjoy commenting and critiquing.
smile  

Poobie Baby

Jacob is awesome

Adored Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:44 pm
I actually don't mind the tektek threads. A few less may be nice though. I wish people would actually rate with their true opinion. This one guy had a DT and everbody gave him 10s because of it even though he wasn't matching. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:58 am
I don't mind an occasional "Dress Me" thread, but when they get to be taking over the front page of the AT...it gets a bit annoying. I mean, it's like the people that are new to the AT don't know how to make one single outfit for themselves, anymore. gonk

This is why I'd like to see more guide threads. I remember when those types of threads used to always be on the front page. Now, they seem like a thing of the past. Frankly, I'll use tektek from time-to-time just to create a rough "sketch" of an idea I have for an outfit.

What I'd really like to see less of are rates that are like: "3/10. i don't like those items" or "7/10. the mc's are cool, but that color is ugly" You know?  

0-DCB

Aekea Scarface

-[[Yreka!]]-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:16 am
DarkCloudsBurning
I don't mind an occasional "Dress Me" thread, but when they get to be taking over the front page of the AT...it gets a bit annoying. I mean, it's like the people that are new to the AT don't know how to make one single outfit for themselves, anymore. gonk

This is why I'd like to see more guide threads. I remember when those types of threads used to always be on the front page. Now, they seem like a thing of the past. Frankly, I'll use tektek from time-to-time just to create a rough "sketch" of an idea I have for an outfit.

What I'd really like to see less of are rates that are like: "3/10. i don't like those items" or "7/10. the mc's are cool, but that color is ugly" You know?

Thank you for giving me the idea of creating one of those. <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:49 am
-[[Yreka!]]-
DarkCloudsBurning

Thank you for giving me the idea of creating one of those. <3

You're welcome. wink surprised  

0-DCB

Aekea Scarface

midnight kiss

250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm
The problem is, I doubt we can really control the amt of tektek threads there are. Even if we attempted to set up a thread dedicated to rating tekteks, I doubt the flow of them will stop or lessen.

I do wish to see some of the old regulars of the AT to come back out again, though i understand why we're probably holding back. But it's the regulars from back in the day that guided the AT. Threads like.. mm.. i forget what it was called, OH adobt-a-newb?...... or something like that haha. where more of the experienced successful AT-ers guided the new ones who actually wanted to become good.

It's just a mess out there. I'd like to see it more organized if that's possible and have good examples out there to show gaia what the AT's about.

Oh we had an AT newsletter at one time.. though i think we only had one.. cuz I only designed one (however bad that design was now that i look back on it x.x). I think there used to be a magazine too that CC made that i don't remember the content, but i remember it being a very attractive design and i always read it because of that. haha.

community - i think that's what we have to get at.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games