Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Why do they always discontinue the pretty ones? T_T

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want some gold?
  Can I use it for crafting supplies?
View Results

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:36 pm
So my roommate gave me two skeins of homespun in Modern, a discontinued color thats this gorgeous mix of teal blue black and purple. I paired it with some teal chenille for this purse:
User Image

So my point is, why do companies always discontinue the prettiest colors? gonk Any one else have colors they love disappear?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:41 pm
That's a pretty bag!

I think they discontinue the pretty colors because they know it gets on our nerves. No other reason.  

Brunette_Star

RocknRollDragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:51 pm
There was a nice creamy white homespun that they used 2 have 2. My gosh it makes me so sad when they do that!!!!! We can probably bring it back by popular demand rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:49 pm
I'm in the process of making a granny square afghan out of the modern color! I'm not even sure if I have enough of that color to finish it. sad  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:12 pm
Lionbrand discontinued my favorite color of Homespun a few years ago and I'm still upset about it. It was a beautiful dark green called Country. I see on the website that they're getting rid of all of the dark green colors of Homespun and a lot of the really beautiful "tweed" and "painterly" colors.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:41 pm
That bag is adorable!!  

Kumiko21

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:50 pm
don't i know it....

Half-way through making a teddy bear with leftover homespun, i ran out, so we went to get more. They didn't have any, and i asked if they knew when they'd be getting that color. They said it was discontinued.

I bought a couple skiens of ebay, it was the only way to get it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:17 pm
They do it because they're sadistic assholes who like kicking puppies and breaking girls' hearts.

Cute bag, though. whee  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:29 am
My friend whos around here somewhere (she forgets shes part of this guild sometimes lol) can get discontinued lion brand yarn at her DOLLAR STORE eek Shes working on a homespun scarf in Mission right now sweatdrop lucky dog.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:12 am
gemini6184
My friend whos around here somewhere (she forgets shes part of this guild sometimes lol) can get discontinued lion brand yarn at her DOLLAR STORE eek Shes working on a homespun scarf in Mission right now sweatdrop lucky dog.

oooo i can get eyelash my dollarstore but it goes sooooo fast it is ridiculous humpf  

sparklingbutterfly

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:27 pm
sparklingbutterfly
gemini6184

oooo i can get eyelash my dollarstore but it goes sooooo fast it is ridiculous humpf

I found some Lionbrand Boucle at a Dollar Tree 25 miles from me and it's still being sold at my Walmart for full price. I haven't found any Homespun there yet though.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games