Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
Naruto=Overated Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

da1wholuvanime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:29 pm
I used to like NAruto, and I dont hate it or anything, but it has gotten old. I mean, there are a lot of people who call themselves anime fans when really all they watch(and barely read) is Naruto. In my opinion, Bleach and One Piece(also long running manga/anime) are alot more interesting and the dark bits arent overdone or depressing, and the characters are still interesting. I suppose it is hard to have the charcters grow up and STILL be geared towards a younger audience, but thats Kishimoto's problem.Hes the one who went with the whole time skip.The big flaw is in that altho the characters are older, theres none of that coming out of a black and white world into reality that usually adolescence is about. And I do agree that there are better manga and anime out there, than Naruto. Naruto cannot begin to compare with the great titles out there. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:47 pm
Historical- Yes, that's why i don't really read Jump manga anymore. I like the more weird/complicated/dark styles anyway. ^__^;  

Basil-tofu

Hygienic Gekko

Historical

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:38 pm
da1wholuvanime
Naruto cannot begin to compare with the great titles out there. stare
I'm positive Naruto already is one of those "great titles" that have been put out into the public.
I would love to know some of these titles though, I'm always up for listening to what people say are good series. ;]
I'm not talking about your own opinion though, I'm talking about titles that have appealed to the masses.

@Basil - It depends on my mood and the art mostly, lately I've really been into the romantic/school life/comedy type series, and I can't really read alot of Shoujo style art because it just doesn't appeal to me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:22 pm
Historical- You know, it doesn't have to appeal to the masses to be great. In fact, some of the best manga are fairly little-known, and some of the worse are the most widely spread.

Hm... I used to be much more into that, although recently not as much. A lot of it is shoujo, and like you the style doesn't do much for me. I still read manga that either romantic, school, or comedy, but not really a mixture. D:  

Basil-tofu

Hygienic Gekko

Historical

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:01 pm
Of course I know this, one of the best mangas I have ever read has sadly only been read by maybe a few hundred thousand people.
Most of them being in Japan.
The reason I say that a great title appeals to the masses is because I don't want her opinion of what she thinks a "great title" is.
A great title is something that can attract alot of people to read/watch it and like it enough to buy it's merchandise, over a long period of time.
If the series has been out for 5-7 years and there still isn't a very large fanbase, how can you say that it is a "great title"?
It doesn't matter if you think it's the best series in the world, it's not considered great just because you like it.
Which unfortunately, people can't grasp.
Naruto, however, is a long running series that has both anime and manga and also a worldwide fan base that rivals even other 'great titles' of manga, along with merchandise.
Even considering that some of it's fan base are younger children, how many of 8-10 year olds do you see buying manga?
I don't even see that many 12 year old queers lately.
I do disagree with the worst mangas being widely spread though.
How can a manga that doesn't appeal to others become popular?
Alot of people have to be buying it if it's still popular, but not good.
Even if you don't like Naruto, you can't dismiss it's popularity, which contributes to anything being considered "great".
Which is why saying it's overrated and that it's a bad manga is biased, arrogant, and a little asinine.

What it is, is that older people into manga don't like manga that appeals to the younger crowd, because they feel childish for liking something with the same passion as a 10 year old.
The three that come to mind the most would be Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.
One Piece and Bleach are a little less popular with the younger crowd than Naruto, but most older manga fans I run into typically hate them all equally.

You should look into the ones with a mixture of it.
They are surprisingly good sometimes. :]
Also dramatic mangas really appeal to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:55 pm
i think the series should just end already. it was interesting in the begining but now it's just bleh.  

Mokomonko

Historical

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 pm
Yay for another ignorant groundless statement. :]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:57 am
i have to kinda sorta agree with that. but the thing to me is that they went ona week vacation and had a disappointing chapter.
A[S]Oversoul
I agree... It's getting really old now. Granted, I'm still going to finish reading the manga, but it's gotten extremely boring now.

klado the cookie king

Raine in AliceLand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm
i think the manga is all right but it's the anime that i absolutly hate, they screwed up all the voices and they keep dragging it on and on, and every mission is the practically the same  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:27 pm
Ugh! I do not like Naruto, I have watched over 100 episodes of the original and about 50 episodes of Shipuden and it's just so boring, poor story, generic irritating characters etc. I also don't like the way it has been distributed in the west as a kids show and only serves to spread the negative stereotype of anime being for kids and makes people think all anime is generic shounen action. scream Maybe I'm getting a little carried away but I still think it is a boring show.  

BL4CKR1D3R

I r i y s

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:18 pm
i agree. very overrated... i liked the first few episodes the best but now its too commercialized and generic... in my opinion confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:04 pm
I think Naruto is intresting manga it inspires me in real life but I must admit that newest chapters are getting more and more boring, I mean how much long can I wait till the end?  

IIiGabyII

The 'Read only manga' guild.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces