Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Discussion Hall
~Books To Film~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WildWildWindWhisperer
Vice Captain

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:20 pm
heart heart ~*~ heart ~*~ heart heart

~Books To Film~

This thread is for naming 'good' book-to-film moments.
And 'bad' ones maybe listed, as well.
have fun! smile
Pop in often to keep us up to date on your findings.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:21 pm

Reserved:

WildWildWindWhisperer
Vice Captain

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Soul of Solitude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:00 pm
+Doesn't look very appetizing

Have you ever read A Series of Unfortunate Events? And THEN seen the movie? It was absolutely horrible. I thought I was going to vomit. I was so excited to see the movie, too. Okay, the movie was based on the forst 3 books in the series. The movie was so out of order. It was changed so much. And frankly, the whole movie was about Jim Carrey. NOT THE BAUDELAIRE CHILDREN! The acting was so/so. Not the best Jim Carrey could do. All in all, it was a bad transition.

On a good note though. I thought most of the Harry Potter movies were pretty close to the books. The third and fourth ones were OK. Not as good as the books.

Also, I am a major Twilight and New Moon fan. Books written by Stephanie Meyer. I read on the website that they might make Twilight a movie. I am a little iffy on this one. Half the characters are uncastable. No one could possibly play their part as good as the book portrayed them. Also, I don't want to get dissappointed when (or if) the movie doesn't fit in with the book. I know they have to cut scenes out and stuff, but still....

These are thoughts, not your.

Well, it's no irritable grizzly+

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:36 pm
I was disappointed with the 4th Harry Potter movie more than the others. The 4th book was my favorite and it upset me that the movie was so different! My favorite part of the book was the maze scene... where Harry was supposed to run into all the different creatures that give him the riddles and what-not. Then in the movie they didn't have that... and it made me sad! It was a HUGE disappointment!

On the other hand, I was told they did an excellent job with Da Vinci Code. I couldn't get into the book but I'll be watching the movie soon.

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Soul of Solitude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Thats really funny, because I heard that they did a horrible job with The Da Vinci Code. I couldn't get into the book, but I refuse to watch movies that are based off books without reading the book first. Thats just how I am. Though since I can't get into The Da Vinci Code book, I might just watch the movie and forget about the book. But other books by Dan Brown were really good. Digital Fortress, Angels & Demons, and The Deception Point were all pretty good books.

~EP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:43 am
shiko_me

Thats really funny, because I heard that they did a horrible job with The Da Vinci Code. I couldn't get into the book, but I refuse to watch movies that are based off books without reading the book first. Thats just how I am. Though since I can't get into The Da Vinci Code book, I might just watch the movie and forget about the book. But other books by Dan Brown were really good. Digital Fortress, Angels & Demons, and The Deception Point were all pretty good books.

~EP

I am the exact same way. I read Angels and Demons first so I could read Da vinci Code and then watch the movie. I loved Angels and Demons and couldn't get into Da Vinci Code. I'm just going to watch the movie though, I hear it's not as great and is somewhat confusing if you never read the book.  

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Angel Darkchylde

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:38 pm
shiko_me

~EP

I'm the opposite, if I know the movie is based off of a book I'll watch the movie first. That way I'm not as dissapointed in the movie(s). I had the LOTR books before the movies came out (I have to many books that I haven't read yet) though I am finally reading that book....I'm not as dissapointed but it sucks that they skipped so much in there as well. But I did enjoy the LOTR movies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:44 pm
Hitchhikers guide the galaxy is a contraversal one. I saw the movie first, but I found in just as interesting even after reading the books. I still think they should keep going. I really love the actors.

Memoirs of Geisha - way off from the quality of the book. Obvious reasons for that... but still. I don't think they pulled it off 100%. Many people are still confused as to what a geisha is.

The Golden Compass - I only read the first couple chapters of that book so I couldn't tell you from the movie. It was entertaining, but I went with a friend who read the books. and She was pissedddd. xD

Wicked - (Not really a movie, but a play <3) They changed it. Obviously. Act 1 is mostly the book. but from that point it's twisted. I prefer the play's ending. And if you don't know what I'm talking about I recommend you find out! <3.  

Anneechin23

The Discussion Hall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff