Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I need advice!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura~Kusanagi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:38 pm
I have friends who are completely pathetic when it comes to spelling and grammar, and sometimes I do't know a THING they are saying. How do I tell them to write proper grammar without hurting their feelings?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:25 pm
Get new friends, they aren't worth it if they can't so much as talk. That's just plain stupid.  

MadnessFreak

Sakura~Kusanagi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:49 pm
That's kind of harsh, don't you think? I'm not going to dump my friends just because they don't care about their English grade.

I'm trying to get advce on how to tell them in a nice way, not on what kind of friends I should have. Sorry if I sound rude...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:03 pm
Yea, that was a little harsh.
You should just tell them exactly how you feel.
You could say something along the lines of: "I love being friends with you and I don't want this to come between us, but you should really try to be more aware of what you're saying and how you're spelling and typing it." I mean that's just my opinion though. If they are true friends they will be understanding and wouldn't mind your attempt to help them.  

my_secret_nowhere

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:26 pm
Set a good example and ask them, "What does this say?" Every time they write poorly. That's always worked for me.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games