Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Tales from the Home Improvement store... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:10 am
They probably assume your with someone and lost. xd When I go in dressed up, that always what I get asked. When I go in a t-shirt and jeans, they think I might be actually looking, but that theres no way in hell I know what I need.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:23 am
yea, i just get completely ignored. like i'm just there to check it out. bah! of course i'm usually in there for keys, but that means i actually need someone. neutral  

Minathia

Silvander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:53 pm
You know, we were talking about gender stereo-types the other day in human sexuality and this came up. The same thing has happened lately with mechanics. Granted, I really DONT know what's what when it come to cars but they didn't even tell me what was wrong with my car. They just talked directly to my dad. *le sigh*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm
With my job it's even funnier because I usually know what I want and 9 times out of 10 I won;t be using it for what it's supposed to be for.

I was pleasantly surprised that when I went to the local Yoekl home supply store not only did the guy behind the counter not look at me funny when I said I needed some pipe hangers to make handcuffs, but he started talking about all the other strange projects he helped find pieces for.

It was nice to know not everyone give you the hairy eyeball.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:26 pm
This summer I'll probably be in Home Depot looking for Teak wood or some other kind of wood to use (assuming they sell wood, I can't remember, lol) to build a low table, I'll need a lot of help from mi padre, but it'll be fun, lol, that and I need hardwood flooring for my room, and I'll probably need some other (and prolly weird) stuff, and so I can't wait to see their confused looks about why theres a short teenage girl shopping for wood and other things, lol. X3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:19 pm
Usually when I go into a hardware store or auto parts store, if I can't find it myself, I hunt down an employee and make very specific requests. Best time was arguing with my husband over which size pipes would make a better Harkonnen.

"I don't care if it looks that big next to her. He says flat out it was out of proportion. If it's going to fire that size shell then it needs to be this big." rofl  

AriRashkae

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces