Recommendations for Stage Zero

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Wendell
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:01 am
Hi folks...just trying to get some feedback.

I appreciate everyone who has contributed ideas for Stage Zero, and I'm asking on this thread for everyone to continue to come with ideas for Stage Zero for Fanime Con this year.

So please keep the ideas coming!

We're working hard to make Stage Zero so much better this year!

Thanks in advance!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:55 pm
I recommend throwing pocky at Wendell. stare  

II Earl Grey II

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:18 pm
Um... forgive my newbishness, but what exactly is this "Stage Zero" of which you speak?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:28 pm
=O  

II Earl Grey II

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Indigo Project

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:35 pm
AnimeEmperor
=O
stare

Fine. Don't tell me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:46 am
Stage Zero is a variety show located on the 2nd floor foyer between the two hotels. We show anime music videos, Asian music videos, viral videos, commercials, etc. We also run random games, have musical performances, and try to entertain the audience. We also are an information hub announcing major events, cosplay gatherings, panels, guest meet and greets, etc.

This is our second year doing this, and we're trying to add more stuff to the show to keep the crowd entertained.  

Mr. Wendell
Crew

II Earl Grey II

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:51 pm
=O -still in shock-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:26 pm
AnimeEmperor
=O -still in shock-
Do I have to slap you or something?  

Indigo Project

II Earl Grey II

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:12 am
If you want. <_<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:25 am
Hey Wendell,

I liked the AMV's that you guys randomly showed last year, and you should definitely pull some from the AnimeMusicVideos.org competition that is going on right now. Grab the ones that won top spots in different categories, etc.

Also, it would be cool to have an auction-style swap meet kind of thing. Where you get an exceptionally rare or unique item from a seller that has a valid permit, and run a sale auction style. It could be silent (or, because it would be hard to be silent) just the traditional "Do I hear 10 dollars?" "10 dollars!" "I've got 10 dollars do I hear 15 dollars...15 dollars..." etc. I think that would be really fun and cool. You could have sellers from the swap meet and even the dealers room offer up items for such auctions with set base prices and reserve prices, kinda like Ebay.

Also, you could have a 'Caption' contest, where you post a picture and leave it up for an hour or something (while you guys take a break or whatever) and say "Write a caption for this picture". The winning caption gets a prize. That would be fun too.

That's all I've got for now. Lookin' forward to it!  

FanFicGuru

Mr. Wendell
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:28 pm
FanFicGuru
Hey Wendell,

I liked the AMV's that you guys randomly showed last year, and you should definitely pull some from the AnimeMusicVideos.org competition that is going on right now. Grab the ones that won top spots in different categories, etc.

Also, it would be cool to have an auction-style swap meet kind of thing. Where you get an exceptionally rare or unique item from a seller that has a valid permit, and run a sale auction style. It could be silent (or, because it would be hard to be silent) just the traditional "Do I hear 10 dollars?" "10 dollars!" "I've got 10 dollars do I hear 15 dollars...15 dollars..." etc. I think that would be really fun and cool. You could have sellers from the swap meet and even the dealers room offer up items for such auctions with set base prices and reserve prices, kinda like Ebay.

Also, you could have a 'Caption' contest, where you post a picture and leave it up for an hour or something (while you guys take a break or whatever) and say "Write a caption for this picture". The winning caption gets a prize. That would be fun too.

That's all I've got for now. Lookin' forward to it!

My stage producer, Sean, is already working to get oodles and oodles of anime music videos. We just have to be careful to make sure that the videos we show are safe for viewing for all ages and are of good quality to be shown on a projection screen.

I believe Rick Meyers emceed the Fanime charity auction on Stage Zero last year. I'd love to have it return to Stage Zero again.

That caption idea doesn't seem like a bad idea...I'm not sure if we could do it for an hour...because we have so much video we can show. I'm sure if we gave a few audience members a few minutes to work on something...give them pieces of paper, and then people can rate which is the best, that might work out as a game. Maybe that can be turned into something for Gainax Boy's "Who's Line Is It Anime?"

Thanks for the recommendations and ideas!

Keep them coming folks!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:21 pm
Wowzers, bumping an old thread, because it's new again.

Still would like to get more ideas for Stage Zero, and if you have any that you'd like to see, let's see if it's workable. biggrin  

Mr. Wendell
Crew

Mr. Wendell
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:47 pm
Already bumping this to get more ideas for Stage Zero.

Help with ideas. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 pm
Dance-off  

Lamie inconnue

Mr. Wendell
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:13 pm
Lamie inconnue
Dance-off

Always a classic game on Stage Zero. biggrin

It will return. mrgreen  
The Fanime Con Guild