Reply Kingdoms/Event Announcements
Baronial Taxes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoiPolloi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:59 am
I don't know about the rest of the knowne worlde, but in the Barony of Skrealing Althing there seems to be a yearly tax. This tax is like a "Secret Santa" between Cantons and their equilazents of different names/sizes/distinctions, in which each 'group' does some project to give and benefit the other 'group'. These "taxes" are given at the Changing of the Barons event (the name escapes me, I want to say coronation but believe that to be horribly horribly wrong).

What I was wondering is if other Baronies have such a tax, official or not, and what kinds of things are exchanged. Ideas are sometimes hard to come by, and always welcome when they arrive (possible exceptions to ones that arrive after the point of no return).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:08 am
This past year, we, the Canton of Greyfells, made chains of office for the (prepare for brutal spelling and/or wrongness) Seneschal, Marshal, Exchecker and Herald.
One of out members made what he called a Byzantine chain on which we placed pewter medallions along it's length, alternating between baronial design (sinister salient hare under a chevron, I believe) and an office design. One of the members did the designs soapstone, another refined where needed and did the pewter casting. Someone else supplied the pewter, and another made individual bags for each chain bearing the design of the office. Others gave financial and/or moral support as needed... and for those like me, who had no idea what was going on as I came in half-way through, just asked a lot of questions, got real excited, and acted as transportation for the carver and the soapstone... soapstone alone if he couldn't make it to the meeting.
I missed the event, but from what I hear the chains were a rousing success, and our gift was a rather nice bow stand and a couple other things I can't remember and have never seen.  

HoiPolloi

Kingdoms/Event Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff