Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Lunar Eclipse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caerwiden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm
A Lunar Eclipse is happening on Saturday so does this have any significance for anyone's rituals or practices? I think that the fact that it is a full moon probably means I should do some ritual involving Arianrhod as the full moon is greatly significant for her and the fact that there's an eclipse probably makes it uber-significant. Or maybe she'll just be busy looking at the pretty colours  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:14 pm
There's going to be a solar eclipse three years from today, apparently, from some news blurb I heard.

(If you're in the Eastern US, Saturday evening at around 6:21 -- face east (away from the sunset).)

Really, I hadn't thought about it... I think I might just go to the lake and watcher.  

Jezehbelle

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:24 pm
It is a tad cloudy today. I think I have a file somewhere on the signifigance of lunar eclipses.... Regardless I'm doing a Moon ritual tonight. There are many different ways you could view the eclipses from a metaphysical standpoint. By and large though lunar eclipses don't seem to be associated with as much folklore and mythology as solar eclipses (which were rather terrifying phenomena for the anients who thought the Sun might never return!)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:10 pm
It was too cloudy here to see it, but my parents got to watch it. crying

I've heard different opinions on how to treat a lunar eclipse: One school of thought says you shouldn't work magic of any kind at that time, and the other says that it's a good time to banish things like illness from a person's life.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:00 am
The Bookwyrm
I've heard different opinions on how to treat a lunar eclipse: One school of thought says you shouldn't work magic of any kind at that time, and the other says that it's a good time to banish things like illness from a person's life.

I agree. It was gloriously clear where I was oddly enough. We don't often get such clear nights in Ireland.

I didn't enjoy it. It was creepy and unstable. I was distinctly warned not to do any magic last night by entities who know what they're talking about. It was a very interesting energy suited to many sorts of workings, but none that I would be comfortable with.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:53 am
There's supposed to be a solar eclipse later this month, but it won't be visible in the US, I don't believe.  

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:03 am
There's two struck down! It was cloudy so I didn't see the lunar eclipse. And the day before I leave there's supposed to be a solar eclipse, and apparently the US can't see it! Darnit!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:03 am
The Eclipse was really clear here in Britain thankfully  

Caerwiden

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas