Want Gold?
  Yes, please
View Results

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:43 am
.Curiously.Fruity.
Starlock
If you're a good person (ie, don't smoke, drink, get good grades, have a job you work hard at)

So, you can't be a good person if you smoke, drink, get less than desireable grades and tend to slack off a little on the job? I disagree.
While I whole-heartedly agree with you, I think in this case the poster was refering to what would probably the parental view of good person.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:51 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
.Curiously.Fruity.
Starlock
If you're a good person (ie, don't smoke, drink, get good grades, have a job you work hard at)

So, you can't be a good person if you smoke, drink, get less than desireable grades and tend to slack off a little on the job? I disagree.
While I whole-heartedly agree with you, I think in this case the poster was refering to what would probably the parental view of good person.

Actually, I think it was in more reference to a Christan's view on a good person.  

Curiously Fruity

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:43 pm
nightdove
Okay, so now I'm pissed! So, recently my parents found out that I'm pagan, and they're fine with it-except for the random Bible references my dad makes. But my uncle-who I like to think of as my big brother and best friend-decided to get the mail for us, and lately I've been getting letters from colleges, and he handed me one for a Christian school-they've literally sent me one twice a month for a year (even though the place they got my address says that I'm pagan [I don't need to be saved]).....I'm rambling, so back to the story.......so he handed me it, and I said, "oh, throw it away, it's a Christian college." and he didn't understand why that mattered, so I said "Because I'm not Christian" and, anyways, my family's Catholic, not Christian. Then he asked me what I was and I told him I'm Pagan. He got all mad and said that it was Satin worship, and when I told him that I didn't think he was one of those people, he said "well I am, and I think that religion should be flushed down the toilet".... and because I have to explain paganism to people on a daily basis, and because I have the book "When Someone You Love is Wiccan"-which is a really good book-I tried to give it to him, and he got pissed at me and stormed out.... He was the first person I was planning on telling, before my parents found out, but now, I'm really glad that I didn't......why do people have to be sooo close minded?!!! It's really hurtful!
...god, yeah...try living in florida, EVERYONE thinks you should be a ******** catholic christian, and nobody is willing to hear anyone else out on anything! stare i swear! and did you know that most places in florida don't have ANY black people? and everyone who's gay has to hide it or be LITTERRALLY flogged or beaten! and the ******** cops DON'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT! scream i myself hate having to explain my beliefs to other people...i just say it and tell'em to back off "i am a shinto, and wiccan. so deal with it!" and it gets me so down when i am being pushed around, and treated like s**t...and it's not just my spiritual beliefs either! just cause i'm white, i'm street-trash, i wear make-up, i look at guys, I HAVE ANXIETY PROBLEMS, I LIKE APPERRENTLY GIRL-ONLY THINGS, I HATE REDNECKS, I AM AN ANARCHIST, AND ALL THAT s**t!! scream I GET SHOVED AROUND EVERYWHERE I GO! I'M !& YEAR-OLD FRESHMAN, CAME IN FROM HOMESCHOOL, I LIKE RAVES, I AM GOTH/EMO/PUNK! I HAVE HALUSCINATIONS, I HAVE A PSYCHIATRIST! AND ALL THIS MAKES ME SOME KIND OF SUPER-FREAK!! scream scream scream scream scream scream I'M THE WORLD'S ******** PUNCHING BAG!!!! evil  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:16 pm
Calm down a bit. There are people worse off... (Yeah, it sucks being told that, but you learn over time how true it is).  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:07 pm
The Bookwyrm
I know this shouldn't be my first reaction, but since when did Catholocism stop being a part of Christianity? I guess my grandmother's in for a really rude awakening...

IMHO Catholicism is a different religion from Christianity by far. Many of their principals are the same but you can say that about Judaism and Christianity too and nobody would say they are the same. Just my opinion smile

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:02 pm
Atma311
Calm down a bit. There are people worse off... (Yeah, it sucks being told that, but you learn over time how true it is).
sorry... sweatdrop just got carried away for a moment... redface  

twilight insanity

Belial750

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:21 pm
I have experience here but in a different sense smile
<<>>

I told my mother I did not believe in God.
She said "ok, whatever"

two weeks later I told her I am an atheist.
She said "WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?! YOU'RE GROUNDED!!!"

anyone catch the really messed up part?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:16 pm
Belial750
I have experience here but in a different sense smile
<<>>

I told my mother I did not believe in God.
She said "ok, whatever"

two weeks later I told her I am an atheist.
She said "WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?! YOU'RE GROUNDED!!!"

anyone catch the really messed up part?

Other than the fact that you told her the same thing twice and she reacted differently? She probably just didn't bother to pay attention the first time you said it. My mother is like that. I told her I wasn't Christian, and she gave me a blank look rather than responded. I told her I wasn't going to church anymore, and we almost have a fight over it. I've won out, for now.  

Boadicia

Astral_Moonlight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:50 pm
iolitefire
swampyface

If they won't hear of it, then you walk away. You can't argue with them. Remember the rule of three.

Wait a minute, your rede says that you can't argue? Man, I'm glad I'm not Wiccan! I like to be able to defend my views and question others! Arguments and debates can lead to a lot of understanding and at least make people think of their points in different ways.

My two cents on the issue: Some people may not be accepting of your faith. Sad, but true. For now I think you should just not discuss it with your uncle anymore. You should be prepared to defend your views if they are crticized or questioned though.

It doesn't really say you can't argue. It says "What ye send comes back to thee, So ever mind the Rule of Three." Its basically the karmonic law in more complex terms.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:02 pm
twilight insanity
nightdove
Okay, so now I'm pissed! So, recently my parents found out that I'm pagan, and they're fine with it-except for the random Bible references my dad makes. But my uncle-who I like to think of as my big brother and best friend-decided to get the mail for us, and lately I've been getting letters from colleges, and he handed me one for a Christian school-they've literally sent me one twice a month for a year (even though the place they got my address says that I'm pagan [I don't need to be saved]).....I'm rambling, so back to the story.......so he handed me it, and I said, "oh, throw it away, it's a Christian college." and he didn't understand why that mattered, so I said "Because I'm not Christian" and, anyways, my family's Catholic, not Christian. Then he asked me what I was and I told him I'm Pagan. He got all mad and said that it was Satin worship, and when I told him that I didn't think he was one of those people, he said "well I am, and I think that religion should be flushed down the toilet".... and because I have to explain paganism to people on a daily basis, and because I have the book "When Someone You Love is Wiccan"-which is a really good book-I tried to give it to him, and he got pissed at me and stormed out.... He was the first person I was planning on telling, before my parents found out, but now, I'm really glad that I didn't......why do people have to be sooo close minded?!!! It's really hurtful!
...god, yeah...try living in florida, EVERYONE thinks you should be a ******** catholic christian, and nobody is willing to hear anyone else out on anything! stare i swear! and did you know that most places in florida don't have ANY black people? and everyone who's gay has to hide it or be LITTERRALLY flogged or beaten! and the ******** cops DON'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT! scream i myself hate having to explain my beliefs to other people...i just say it and tell'em to back off "i am a shinto, and wiccan. so deal with it!" and it gets me so down when i am being pushed around, and treated like s**t...and it's not just my spiritual beliefs either! just cause i'm white, i'm street-trash, i wear make-up, i look at guys, I HAVE ANXIETY PROBLEMS, I LIKE APPERRENTLY GIRL-ONLY THINGS, I HATE REDNECKS, I AM AN ANARCHIST, AND ALL THAT s**t!! scream I GET SHOVED AROUND EVERYWHERE I GO! I'M !& YEAR-OLD FRESHMAN, CAME IN FROM HOMESCHOOL, I LIKE RAVES, I AM GOTH/EMO/PUNK! I HAVE HALUSCINATIONS, I HAVE A PSYCHIATRIST! AND ALL THIS MAKES ME SOME KIND OF SUPER-FREAK!! scream scream scream scream scream scream I'M THE WORLD'S ******** PUNCHING BAG!!!! evil

lol I have sort of the same problem. I live in Florida also. But my friends are all very accepting(I'm a theatre nerd and so are my friends os we're all crazy anyway lol) and I don't announce my religion. I just say, "You don't want to know" and thats the end. All the straight-edge Christian girls wouldn't be able to handle it. Trust me I've gone down that road before.  

Astral_Moonlight

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:48 am
Life aint easy. People will be shits. You have to grow a backbone and hard skin and deal with it. Worse things happen at sea, y'know? wink

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff