Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Seasons Pool Walls and Floors SOLVED!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:53 pm
Ok, now it's my turn to have a problem and need answers. crying
I got Seasons today (yay!) but the pool walls don't wont work like they are supposed to. (boo!) Instead of being able to decorate them like normal walls they are just blocks of white and blue. I can place wallpaper and floor tiles and get the cost subtracted but the design never actually gets applied.
I'm unsure as to whether it's my graphics card or the game that is the problem. It's just the original pool wall that seem to be causing the problems. If I try and place the original pool wall on a house wall the same thing happens where all I get is either block blue or white.
Plus whenever an option is highlighted on a Sims' pie menu the pool walls turn dark blue and yellow!
Anybody got any suggestions? I've already tried updating my graphics driver and it didn't do anything. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:55 pm
[User Image]

you should probably look at the system requirements for seasons- the graphics cards might have changed. i don't have seasons yet [i get it tuesday!], so i'm not quite sure, but when i first got pets and had the red flashy walls, i googled it and got tons of answers, so i suggest goggling it. :D

`R a i n b o w

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:26 pm
The only difference I can see on the cases between Pets (which I own and works fine) and Seasons is that Pets required 32 MB whereas Seasons requires 32 MB T&L. Does T&L stand for texture and lighting?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:09 am
I have no clue. I don't have Seasons yet. sweatdrop  

Captain Jenocidal

Your Dads Car

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 pm
reinstall seasons  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:41 am
YAY! Problem solved! It was some old MAXIS advice that was causing the problem. Does anybody remember that MAXIS said if you couldn't see the fish in tanks after installing Pets that you should use boolProp forceShaders true to see them again? Well it turns out that forcing the shaders can cause the pool walls and floors to stop displaying how they should. Ok, so I can't see fish anymore but my pools look proper now! Yay! I think I can live without my Sims having any pet fish.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Your Dads Car

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:12 pm
Menaceman
YAY! Problem solved! It was some old MAXIS advice that was causing the problem. Does anybody remember that MAXIS said if you couldn't see the fish in tanks after installing Pets that you should use boolProp forceShaders true to see them again? Well it turns out that forcing the shaders can cause the pool walls and floors to stop displaying how they should. Ok, so I can't see fish anymore but my pools look proper now! Yay! I think I can live without my Sims having any pet fish.

they got a mod for no fish in tanks bug,
its in the modthesims2 site
maybe if you use it you can use the pools displayed and see fish in tanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:12 pm
Thanks Sram I'll have a looksee.
Um, could you show me where? I did 5 searches with different terms and it found nothing.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items