Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Long v. Short projects Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:26 am
I'm definately a process knitter, and I like to have one or two (or six) giant projects going at once, with maybe one actually being worked on consistantly. Then, of course, I've got to have a couple of little tiny projects at the same time, to give my eyes, hands and brain a rest from whatever complicated thing I'm doing. If my large project is complex, my small ones will be simple. If my large one is simple, my smaller ones will be complex. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? :3  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:55 pm
for me it depends on what I'm working on. A lot of things are about the process for me, but I do highly enjoy my finished products.  

Fionamule

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:07 am
I work best when I have a goal. A birthday present, christmas present, sock war or another "quest". I need inspiration like that to start something.

I haven't made anything bigger than a shoulder warmer, and that took more than a year because I had to rip it up, gave up half way and then started knitting again.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:05 am
I love both. I have about seven projects going right now- from redesigning a tote bag in a way that'll take me about a day to finish when I get around to it, to completing a quilt my grandmother started in the 1930's that'll probably take me another three years to finish (a large part needs to be hand sewn). I also keep several small projects around my desk for cathartic purposes. When I'm stressed out, I can do something visually productive over a short period of time that I actually like doing. I'll always love knitted hats for this very reason.  

Blue-eyes-green

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:44 pm
Short.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 pm
I tend to be a "patience knitter" aka the sort of person who has a goal in mind and will keep going until its finished. Long, short, I work on them all but I value a finished product that will get alot of use, so I tend to knit longer projects, often in smaller gauges.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

pinkteddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:08 am
Nothing that takes longer than two weeks.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:40 pm
I like to do big projects fast. It makes me feel good. Plus my grandma is there to help me. I'm making a thong rigt now.  

iWicked

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces