Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Reconstructed Band Shirts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new shirts?
  Yes, but
  No
  Yes, but they're not my style
View Results

MidgetxPie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:43 pm
I needed some new clothes but I was broke (which is nothing new) so I took some bands shirts that started fitting badly and fixed them.

User Image
First I enlarged the shirt at the sides.

User Image

User Image
Then I added this awesome sash to the bottom

User Image
Scoop neck in the front and corsetesque in back

User Image

User Image
I took the collar and button thing from a button down shirt and added it to this one.

Comments and critiques please!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:48 pm
Those are so cute! I especially like the one with the cute little sash!  

Silvander

ro-zumari-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:48 pm
They are really cute. Your seams need a little more work but with practice they will get better! 3nodding heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:49 pm
ro-zumari-
They are really cute. Your seams need a little more work but with practice they will get better! 3nodding heart heart
Yeah I know. I fought a lot with that shirt because I was figuring it out as I was going alone, and when i messed up I didn't want to fix it. Haha. But you're right, it'll get better.  

MidgetxPie

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:15 pm
Very cool! I've been helping my friend, Rheane, fix some of her shirts in similar ways. 3nodding If your doing everything on your own, all the pinning and stuff, then i'm seriously impressed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:13 pm
Awesome. Maybe I could do something like this to preserve my "You can never have too many cats" shirt. I haven't been able to wear it in years because it doesn't fit and it was starting to fall apart.

Thanks for the ideas.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:51 am
Awesome! I love clothing recycled in interesting ways. You did a sweet job on those!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:32 pm
I need to try this on my shirts from France. My chest has gotten about one size larger since I bought them so they dont fit right now. ><  

Silver Mist

Umberella

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:04 pm
Your shirts look great. You customized them better that most of the books I have read about reconstructing t-shirts.
I was especially impressed with the fact that you used grommets on the lace up shirt instead of just poking holes! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:57 am
What a great idea! I'm itching to find my favorite Cure concert shirt now and perform surgery on it. Too bad I'm in the middle of packing and don't have a sewing machine anyway. sad  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

peachkitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:55 pm
awsome reconstructions! i got several t shirts myself that need some help themselves.

but one thing, depending on where you get the shirts arent they fragile and wear easly? cloths these days are like that. wouldnt sewing and cutting and all that make them weaker and tear easly?

pardon my typos and spelling
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:58 pm
ro-zumari-

actually, with the way seams on clothes are these days( messy stitches and seams) the seams do add to the coolness to the reconstructed band shirts...  

peachkitten

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff