When does cynical becaome "too" cynical? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:19 pm
One thing comes to mind.... the movie Ghost World.
Anyway.

I have a friend who's too cynical. She traps herself with her negativity so that she can't enjoy things that she's already dubbed stupid or otherwise worthless. I hate boxing myself in like that.

You know what? I'm cynical and I have some pretty rigid values but I listen to My Chemical Romance. I like Nsync. I like preps as well as goths. I don't like having rules that uber-cynicism creates.

So if your mentality is cynical and your sense of humor is sarcastic, that's fine. Just don't let it get you miserable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:50 pm
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Where as if you play Brittney Spears backwards...

It sounds better. xd

I'll tell you how to make Britney spears sound amazing: turn it off.

Even better then that... have you ever heard the noise a CD makes when you hold it too a lighter?

i have not, I must endevor to find out now...  

Isobel Bellamy

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:15 pm
Cynicism goes too far when the person at hand can no longer appreciate anything; when their hatred of everything overwhelms them, when they hate everything so much they do nothing but talk about how much they hate it.

One common thing I hear amongst cynics (and pessimists as well) is the phrase "I'm not being cynical [/pessimistic], I'm being reallistic". However, I've always thought that that sort of mentality is moronic. Looking for the negative in every situation is not reallistic; it's a focused effort to make things seem worse than they really are.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:36 pm
I'm WAY too cynical. Everyday I have to make some sort of remark. Ok...maybe this is sarcasm, but either way, I don't like being so sarcastic. I try to stop but it's TOO hard.  

Nazo no Kanjojin

Analei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:11 pm
i believe that all intelligent individuals are cynics at heart.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:05 am
GilAskan
Cynicism goes too far when the person at hand can no longer appreciate anything; when their hatred of everything overwhelms them, when they hate everything so much they do nothing but talk about how much they hate it.

One common thing I hear amongst cynics (and pessimists as well) is the phrase "I'm not being cynical [/pessimistic], I'm being reallistic". However, I've always thought that that sort of mentality is moronic. Looking for the negative in every situation is not reallistic; it's a focused effort to make things seem worse than they really are.

Actually I'm a very happy pessimist, I expect the worst, the worst doesn't happen, I smile because its better then what I expecting.

I'm also a vegetarian... and art house vegetarian, I eat meat, in an ironic way.  

Rellik San
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas