Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
IOU one scarf... (now with picture)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever had this problem?
  This one time...
  All the freaking time >.<
  Ha! All my gifts are done months in advance
  Me? No! *hides unfinished gifts under bed*
View Results

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I've been trying to knit two scarves as birthday presents for two of my friends. Yeah, I've always been a time optimist... The one that needs to be done tomorrow has just passed the half way mark and that took several days. xp

What to do? Bind off and give him the worlds shortest scarf? Naah... I'm making a very special birthday card. "IOU one stylish hat" (I'm knitting a scarf that looks like a hat... err... I've used illusion knitting to write "mössa" (=hat) on it.

I really hope I manage to complete the next scarf (one week left). I'm knitting it up on 10 mm needles so it should be a quicker knit than this. I've already used one of the 3-4 skeins of yarn I'll use.

EDIT: And a picture of my emergency "in the middle of the night" crafting wink  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 pm
Hmmm... I would get a nice card and put a little homemade note in that promises a surprise next week. Scarves are almost always better long than short.

I usually knit up gifts and store them for a few months before deciding who to give them to.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:13 pm
Hey, my afghan wedding present showed up about 3 months after the wedding. They didn't care about the delay.

IOUs are fine, as long as you deliver. 3nodding

Speaking of, my grandmother still owes me a Holly Hobby quilt from when I was 5. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:34 pm
Alot of my presents are "IOU one paid trip to buy yarn and loving hands knitting one hat/scarf of your desire" . I've never had somebody pick up the most expensive yarn in the store, and they've always been reasonable with what kind of hat/scarf they want. Beanies and a long scarf, sometimes striped, are my most common requests.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

rheane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:52 pm
I have lots of IOU scarves to myself... I have yet to actually complete anything I've started for myself. Although, I have made my friend a bunnie biggrin which is completed.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:52 am
I owe myself a few scarves. I get them started and I don't like the look so I rip 'em out and try again with a different sized set of needles. Then summer comes along and the scarf goes in a drawer. Then when winter comes, I want a new scarf! So the cycle begins again.
Someone will give me a compliment on a scarf I'm wearing and I end up giving it to them. I always knit scarves!  

Umberella

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:27 pm
I'm sure most people wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for a special, handmade item.

My fiance had to wait 7 months for his Christmas present, once. It shouldn't have taken me that long, but I was so unhappy with it, I could hardly work on it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:44 pm
He seemed happy with his handmade IOU card smile And I got a home made gift certificate from him too xd I'm going to a student musical!  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:07 pm
You definitely aren't the only one! One of my friends knits and LOVES my knit hats, so I said I'd make her one. It's mostly finished, but her b-day was last week, and I'm thinking I'm gonna have to frog and start again because I'm having problems with the decreases and the size...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:43 pm
I'm making my husband that Snowfalkes Chance in Hell armwarmers from The AntiCraft!. (No specific due date)

I've already ripped them out once because they weren't to my satisdaction. And even with estimating high because he has huge arms, I still need to go buy one more ball of yarn. sweatdrop  

AriRashkae

ecart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:29 pm
I do most of my knitting with wire, makes it kind of hard to rip out. exclaim But i do have a set of majohng tiles in polymer clay i have been working on for just over 3 years now. they were supose to be a christmas gift in 2003. redface  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:54 am
Majohng tiles sounds interesting. I can imagine that all those bricks would take some time. Don't sweat it, I'm sure they'll be appreciated whenever you finish them. It took me years to finish the pink bunny slippers I was knitting for my boyfriend, but he was very happy when he finaly got them this Christmas. (Instead of on his birthday 2 or 3 years ago xp )  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:32 am
The majority of my projects turn into IOUs.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games