Pride and Prejudice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen one of the P&P films?
  Yes, the 2005 one.
  Yes, the A&E one from 1995.
  Yes, one of the older verions from 1930-1980.
  I've seen a parody of it, like Bridget Jones, Bride and Prejudice, etc.
  I've seen more than one of the above.
  Haven't seen any, but read the book.
  Haven't seen any, and haven't read the book :(
View Results

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:43 pm
Okay, I just bought the 2005 version yesterday, and I'm on a P&P high right now...so I'm determined to involve a discussion about it in the guild somehow.

So...we all know Bella preferred the A&E 1995 version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. But she never did mention the newest version with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen.

So what do you think...Bella would have thought about it?

*is trying extremely hard to not go off-Twilight-topic*

We...can also discuss how it seems Bella is a romantic who loves the days way back when, in the times of Jane Austen and all that.

Are you like Bella and like those days, or do you much rather prefer the now?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:48 pm
I saw the new movie, but I love that book way more. The guy who playe(sp?)Snape was in it that bothered me.  

quadrophenia555

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:12 pm
I really liked the 2005 film. I kept borrowing the book from the library and meaning to read it, but I never got around to it.

Yes, Bella's a hopeless romantic, but so am I. The only difference is she is inspired to be one through Jane Austen's works, and I'm inspired to be one through Twilight ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:41 pm
quadrophenia555
I saw the new movie, but I love that book way more. The guy who playe(sp?)Snape was in it that bothered me.

I thought my sister was being delusional 0__0

Please don't tell me he really is the one that plays Darcy! gonk

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

TiredOracle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:23 am
User Image User Image

Oh, goodness. I haven't read Pride and Predjudice since like 3 grade.

{ha}

I thought the 2005 version was good, but I think Bella would have prefered the older version. She seems to like the classics and other old things.

{oh my marvelous-tea-time! There really wasn't any pun intended in that}

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:31 am

I've never watched or read that book...
Epitaph of the Twilight

Epitaph of the Twilight

Lariren Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:14 am
I've read the book and seen the 1995, 2005, and parts of the 1930s on as well as one from the 1980s I believe. And Bridget Jones' Dairy as well as Bride and Prejudice.

So I think she might have liked the 1995 one better. The new one doesn't have enough of some of the plot points(Wickham) and, while I like the end, its kind of too lovey dovey. I think she would have liked the actual ending, but not minded the 2005 one. But I'm one to talk, I love the 1995 ending.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:00 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
quadrophenia555

I can't believe I never got around to telling you this, XxfushigipinayxX, but the guy who played Snape is not in Pride and Prejudice! He's in Sense and Sensibility! Which was also a good Jane Austen movie, though the ending was not as conclusive as I'd have liked it to be. neutral  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

quadrophenia555

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:17 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
quadrophenia555

yah it was  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:29 pm
I've loved the 2005 version, since, well, 2005, but after reading Twilight, I immediately went out and got a copy. I'm not very far into it (Darn homework!) but I find it immensely hilarious.  

SamuraiArren

Lilith_ SilentAngel

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:44 am
Lovely Liar
User Image User Image

Oh, goodness. I haven't read Pride and Predjudice since like 3 grade.

{ha}

I thought the 2005 version was good, but I think Bella would have prefered the older version. She seems to like the classics and other old things.

{oh my marvelous-tea-time! There really wasn't any pun intended in that}

User ImageUser Image

I agree. She dose seem like a clasics type of girl...  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:50 am
I havent seen the newer one, but its much shorter than the A&E one....I really liked the A&E one. Could anything have been left out of the newer one? I agree with Lovely Liar.  

HappyTimeMedicine

Bluberry_mist

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:12 am
I have only seen the 2005 version, but my sister is devoted to Pride and Prejudice and has told me about the others.
The older versions are better mostly because they are longer, so more like the book (no cutting edges to keep things moving) and there is more time to get attached to the characters. Fans of the book tend to like the older versions more...
I think Bella would prefer the longest version, whichever that is, because in watching it, it is a tribute to an amazing story, and she'd have more time to sit and watch a wonderful movie with Edward (cause why would she do anything without him?).
wow... I'm sorry. I suppose i started ranting there...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:02 pm
i think Bella would like the 2005 version alright, but would still like the 1995 version more that the new one. We are alike, i'm a hopeless romantic too. the 1995 version is more true to the book and that's why i and i think Bella would like it more.  

vampirephantom27

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items