Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The Prom Dress thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:47 am
Brunette_Star
kochi~mochi
Okay, pattern changed. I'm now using Simplicity pattern 4070. I'm making veiw F, the one with the lace over another fabric. I'm thinking i'm going to be using silvery colors, but i don't have the fabric yet. I'll be going with my mom to Joanns later, since i think that they have a bit bigger selection then our hancocks.

I just looked at that pattern - very pretty! (Any chance of pictures when you're done?)

You guys are getting pictures as soon as i have a camera! Later today i'm gonna try scanning the fabric and see how it works, so i can show you guys colors.... And i should be getting a camera this weekend. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:37 pm
I got the yarn for my shawl today! whee I need to upload my pictures... but i'm being lazy.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:53 am
I bet it's going to be pretty!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:33 pm
anybody have any pictures?  

Float-your-boat

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:36 pm
Heres the pictues i have right now! I'd take pics of the progress, but my mommy's working on it right now soo....

User Image
This is the fabric that i'm using. The one on the far right is my main fabric, the one on the left is the overskirt fabric, and you see in between? Thats the overskirt fabric ontop of the main fabric.

User Image
This is the shawl i'm knitting, as best as i can picture it. 3nodding

User Image
Heres a closeup of the knitting (cause you really need that....)

User Image
And heres a closeup of the yarn. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 pm
my prom is tomorrow and I designed my dress and had someone make it for me becuase I was afriad I would mess it up if i did it. when it's done i'll post a picture.  

Zinonya

CrystalRose

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:44 pm
Mkay so I'd given up on the idea of makign a dress, and went to buy one. I decided I wasn't going to pay 150$ to show up in the same dress as the preppy girls... Sooo I bought a corset kinda top, it's black with black and white trimmings and a belt with a bow.
And now my mom, my aunt, and I are going to make a skirt. SHould be fuuun with one week to go.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 am
I bet all of y'all will look very nice, though.

Kochi, I love that fabric. Nice work on the shawl!

Zinonya, have fun! biggrin

Rose, good luck on the skirt!  

Brunette_Star

tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:27 pm
Wow, that silver fabric is so lovely! Those of you trying to make your own dress are my heroes! The only prom dress I ever made was the Duct Tape one I wore to Senior Prom, but sewing one? Dang, hats off to all of y'all and enjoy the dance!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm
My dress is almost done! whee *spins around* Theres a couple of hems my mom is doing, but its practically done! I'll have pics for y'all in a little while, as soon as my last hem is done~!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:32 pm
kochi~mochi, what's the yarn you're using? It looks awesome!

I jsut borrowed one of my mom's formal gowns for my prom. Got lots of compliments on it too. xd  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff