Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Sharing Hacker Names Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:12 pm
Aritzea
I never got hacked but my friend did. All thanks to the hacker she quits Gaia and she was a good friend. The hacker's name was 'ONLINE SUPPORT TEAM' Ryna27 got hacked by that person.

My one of the best friend got hacked too. Since then, I guess she quitted.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:59 am
Nothing on the internet is completely hacker impenetrable. But, we can only do our best to make it difficult for the hackers. Remember, one thing, everyone, this is virtual reality, not real life. It hurts our feelings when people hack our accounts, but in essence, they are only stealing pixels.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:57 am
Yeah, sometimes I ask myself why I buy pixels. Hahaha
But hey! In the end, we should actually thank hackers.

Honestly, because, what if the person is completely brain washed and addicted to online things such as this site and the person's life is completely ruined because of online connections.

I've been watching people killing themselves because of online games...such as WoW. Or people losing accounts....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:37 am
I had this one account, carmine3, try to persuade me to put him into vice captain of my guild, take a look at what the loser sent me:

carmine3
hi i saw that ur running a guild and ur trying to get it goin, i was wondering if u would let me help u with that, i have alot of experice with guilds cuz i used to own some and i used to be vice captins of some, some can u please make me a vice captin of ur guild so we can get it going, i know that u don't know me now but i pormise if u have any questions just plz ask

Would you think that he falls under the category of hacker or scammer? I personally think that it's a little of both.  

Conn-o

onelazysheep

Hygienic Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:20 pm
Thanks for sharing!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:19 am
Conn-o
I had this one account, carmine3, try to persuade me to put him into vice captain of my guild, take a look at what the loser sent me:

carmine3
hi i saw that ur running a guild and ur trying to get it goin, i was wondering if u would let me help u with that, i have alot of experice with guilds cuz i used to own some and i used to be vice captins of some, some can u please make me a vice captin of ur guild so we can get it going, i know that u don't know me now but i pormise if u have any questions just plz ask

Would you think that he falls under the category of hacker or scammer? I personally think that it's a little of both.

Its not a hacker, its a scammer.
Anyways, who would fall for such?
The first 2 words of that message he mailed you just completely proved that he is a scammer.

Atleast if he wants to be a VC in your guild, he should be enthusiastic. Same as making resumes. Must be formal and mature.

So...I dont think this really relates with hacking. More like kiddie SPAM message he just sent you.

===
- "Hacker is: Unauthorized user who attempts to or gains access to an information system. - tecrime."

- "Originally used to describe a computer enthusiast who pushed a system to its highest performance through clever programming. - Expedite email marketing."  

Epileptic Eclipse

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:20 pm
I've got 3 hacking/spam PMs. Wish I could remember their names. I've deleted the PMs after reporting them.

The last one I got was really interesting. They spent a considerable amount of time making the graphics of the PM really look like it could have been from Gaia. The tip-off was the request for the password and the name of the sender not in color (also the text of the PM was in orange). It's a shame and a waste of all that talent and imagination.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:13 pm
a friend of mine got hacked by Hack All Day.  

KerotheFox

nuGen Staff Guildsman

Apollo Tha Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:20 pm
There was a guy that had the name oecarclub who scammed me out of a bunch of items when he was going to trade me a guild. After a lot of bitching I got a standard guild from him, but not with all of the sub-forums and 12k in the funds like I had been promised. I hope he got banned, but it is likely he changed his name now.

I have seen and heard other situations like this as well, and since we're all crew members on at least one guild I thought I would bring it to your attention that these scammers are out there, and we should push for Guilds Captainship should be tradeable, at least for gold. It would keep these scammers from bankrupting honest gaians.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:32 pm
Sharing names of accounts that you see password phishing probably isn't the most helpful thing, just because so many of these accounts get banned quite quickly. Report the PM and it's done. ^^

Although there are some phishing tactics that do get used over and over again, and it's worth sharing those. 3nodding

Of course there are countless variations of "I am a Gaia moderator/administrator, your account has been reported and if you don't give me your password you will be banned." Unfortunately some of these messages are dressed up to look really official now, even including Gaia graphics and sometimes, reasonable grammar and spelling. ^^

I got a PM a few weeks ago from someone telling me he was a mod and that I had been reported. whee heart He wasn't able to tell me what I had been reported for, or who had reported me. I told that I didn't trust him, so I'd rather he banned my account. smile

But today I saw a password scam that I do want to share with you all, because it was very, very good. It was a simple link to a thread with some preamble about a contest closing shortly. When you clicked on it, something that looked exactly like a thread opened up - except the URL was not gaiaonline.com, but an address that was very similar. And in the header of the page, it said you were logged out so could you please log in again, and had a field for your username and password.

The pink warning banner did appear across the top, but vanished after only a second or two. It would be really easy to believe you were still on Gaia.

Plus, sometimes we see the pink warning even when we actually are in Gaia, just because of people using things like tinyurl.

So please watch your URLs, guys. gonk Apparently in this case some people said that they saw lots of broken images and things thanks to firewalls and security settings. Also, an extension for Firefox called NoScript apparently stopped the pink warning from disappearing. So those are things worth looking into.  

WindowOpener

Tycho Marinus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:05 pm
Both of these tried to get my GFs pass:
Lanzer teh Gift Giving Mod
and:
Lanzer'

And this one went for my friend:
Lazner  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items