Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Last names help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Extraordinary Lauren

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:26 pm
Well, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change a last name on a Family because they took the girls last name insted of the guy and I like the guys last name better than the girls.

Its kind of inrrating me. Just wondering if it could change. Thanks ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:30 pm

I'm not SURE, cause I don't have it, but I think you can do that with the Insimenator whee

Greenzally

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:52 pm
Last I heard, there wasn't any way to change the last name, though there is probably a hack or two out there that will let you do it. Sorry I can't help any more than that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:28 am
Ugh, yeah, I hate it when that happens. I want to find a way to change it. >.<  

Wings Akimbo

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20 pm
I'm not sure. That happened to me once before too.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:53 pm
It IS possible. Just download SimPE. It lets you open the Sims' game data file and it's perfectly safe to change their names; first or last. I've done it quite a few times.

Plus I'll just mention that if you want your female Sims to take the male Sims name at marriage no matter which proposes then you can by downloading marriage-traditional from moreawesomethanyou. If you download marriage-postmortum as well then it keeps them connected on the family tree after one of the pair dies instead of breaking the line which is what normally happens.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

The Extraordinary Lauren

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:10 pm
Oh thanks so much y'all. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, where do I download that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:57 pm
[User Image]

i'm also pretty POSITIVE that if you have the man click on the arch and click "Get married" the women will take his name. and if you're just doing the Propose.. Marriage option, command the man to do it to the woman.

`R a i n b o w

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:05 pm
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

i'm also pretty POSITIVE that if you have the man click on the arch and click "Get married" the women will take his name. and if you're just doing the Propose.. Marriage option, command the man to do it to the woman.

The problem with that is that it's not always possible if the male Sim is a townie.

To download SimPE just do a search in Google. I can't remember the address but it's the first result you get.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:09 pm
I think you might be able to do that with the Insimenator, but I know for sure that there's a hack on Modthesims2.com. It's right here.  

Captain Jenocidal

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:31 am
Menaceman
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

The problem with that is that it's not always possible if the male Sim is a townie.

To download SimPE just do a search in Google. I can't remember the address but it's the first result you get.
[User Image]

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    shift+click townie
    "MAKE SELECTABLE"
    xP

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items