Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Favorite Crafted Gifts That You've Received? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold
  ^_^
View Results

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:25 pm
My all time favorite is my baby blanket. The poor thing is nearly in pieces now, because I refused to leave it out of my bed until I was nearly 18 xd . (the last how many years it was either at the foot of the bed or between the sheets.) Even now it lives under my bed. It was triangles of those soft colored ginghams every fabric store known to man carries. Its pink, blue, yellow, and green, and obviously, white. My mom hand sewed the entire thing, except the blanket binding, which she added later with a machine to keep me from totally killing the thing. It had 3 seperate sets of blanket binding on it before she gave up and left it be.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:11 am
Technically this isn't a crafted gift, but I cherish it anyway. When I asked my mom if she could loan me a "how to crochet" book she told me I'd need supplies and hooks and provided them. She gave me a full set of steel crochet hooks plus some others she had floating around. The set of steel hooks used to belong to my grandmother who gave them to my mom when her arthritis got too bad to work with thread. My mom also gave me a box full of thread that had been given to her by the old man across the street when his wife passed away. They had been like an extra set of grandparents to me when I was growing up so the gift of her crochet thread meant a lot to me.
My favorite crafted gift came just this past Christmas. I've been helping out at a ferret shelter in my area and the shelter mom and I have become good friends. She crafts too, but our specialties don't really overlap much. She hand-tooled a leather cover for a barrette for me. We both enjoy ferrets quite a bit and so my barrette has a ferret sillouette on it.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:55 pm
My favorite crafted gifts are probably when my grandma made me clothes for my Barbies, and she used to make me clothes like jumpers, and I have these little pillows that I think my great grandmother made. My moms best friend made me a small quilt for my baby dolls, and I like it a lot, but I think I treasure the things from my grandmother more. Also, I'm not really sure if it counts as a gift or not, but when I was 9, I broke my arm, and my whole third grade class made me get well cards, and my best friend's little sister even made me one, lol. I still have them. Also, one of my friends was over and suddenly says "I want to sew you something" and I had an extra thing of fabric that wasn't really big enough for me to do anything with, and some extra stuffing, so she sewed a round thing, and she drew a face on it. ^^ Its different, but I like it. Homemade things are always nice. Though things that techincally aren't homemade, such as a letter are still nice, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 pm
Some crocheted dolls that were used to dress my fountain during my wedding!  

rosesylace

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:47 pm
my favorite crafting gift isn't an item, but its knowledge that my aunt gave me
in the third grade my aunt visted my family from hawaii. While she was here she asked if i would like to learn how to crochet. I had no idea what that was, so she took me to the craft store, bought me some yarn and a hook and a crochet book and she taught me how to crochet. Everytime i crochet i think of her. I still have all of the items that she bought for me biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:59 pm
You're so lucky! I wish I had a family member who could teach me how to crochet! I'm going to take a class eventually, but it would have been nice to have a relative teach me! The only relatives I have that crochet live really far away. sad

What a precious gift! She taught you to crochet and bought you your first crochet supplies. Awww, that's so sweet. ^_^  

flightoftheunicorn

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces