Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Arm Warmers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:19 am
I saw these on the internet and I loved them....i don't even know where now sorry but if you want to google it they are called funky punky armwarmers....i was going to knit them then noticed that they call for dpns which I don't know how to use yet sweatdrop so i gave it to my mom to do! blaugh

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:15 am
You should try learning to use dpns, it's fun and not that different from regular knitting since you only knit with two of the 4-5 needles at the same time.

You could ask your mom to start them for you since that's the tricky part. After that you'll only have to knit round and round and round 3nodding  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Jennsplosions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:59 pm
DPN's were difficult for me at first, I couldn't get them to go tight enough together XD
you can always knit something flat, and then connect the edges, I used to do that before I set out on the DPN trail.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:59 pm
They look big enough that if you have a small circular needle you could probably knit them on that.

DPNs are mighty useful, but I think circulars are much easier. Just a personal preference.

DPNs aren't hard once you get the hang of it. It's like riding a bike - the first time it seems impossible and then after that you could do it in your sleep  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces