Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Grammer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bamlover_1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:55 pm
My friends always use bad grammer, and it bugs the heck out of me. Can someone tell me how to get them to use good grammer?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:28 pm
Here's an idea: Do homework with them. If their grammar shows through in the work, correct it. Repeat. They'll get better on their essays and they might stop using yucky grammar.

If this doesn't work, you could just take the old fashioned route and talk to them, I guess. sweatdrop  

SilverBellsAbove

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:30 pm
Please use "Grammar." "Grammer" is a very common misspelling.
I agree with the teach-by-example technique. If you speak in a well-defined and correct manner, then your friends will pick it up.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:03 am
GRAMMAR.  

MadnessFreak

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:30 pm
That has been adressed madness. I usually tell my friends when they screw up their grammar badly enough to irritate me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:27 pm
Sorry, it's just one of those things that makes me want to set myself on fire and run into a petrol station, especially since there's a 'Gaian Grammar Guild' label at the top of the screen. gonk  

MadnessFreak

[Joan De Arc]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:30 am
bamlover_1
My friends always use bad grammer, and it bugs the heck out of me. Can someone tell me how to get them to use good grammer?

I just simply correct them, even if it means interruption.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:02 am
bamlover_1
My friends always use bad grammer grammar, and it bugs the heck out of me. Can someone tell me how to get them to use good grammer grammar?

I'd say that you should strive to use good grammar around them, and mayhaps correct them a few times. They might get upset with you, but in the long run they will thank you.

Another trick you might try is to proof-read their documents that they'd turn in for credit. They'd end up with a better grade (if your teachers count your spelling, grammar, and punctuation in the grade) and your friend would feel a little better... hopefully.  

Subservient Nonentity

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff