Sharima

Magical Girl

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:44 am
The Friend I Should Have Been

The friend I should have been would have ears to listen.
She would have eyes to look out for one another.

The friend I should have been has time to listen.
She can easily make time for her friends.

The friend I should have been likes to help out.
She can make a difference.

The friend I should have been has lots of friends.
She only has a few.

The friend I should have been has nothing to live for.
She only wishes she had people to call
friends.

- Shelley
Jan.14, 2004

THE HISTORY:

This is a poem I wrote in grade 8. It is not about me, if you were curious. I was sitting in English class, just randomly looking around (like I did every day) and I noticed that every day this girl Christina was always sitting by herself at the back of the room. I talked to her basically ever since that day, and I got to know her. She was an extrememly depressed kid. After a while of getting to know her, I wrote this poem, and she cried reading it. Christina told me that this is exactly what she felt, and she said that no one has ever known her well enough to even get her a birthday present, let alone write a poem about exactly how she felt. She thanked me and told me that I should give that to our teacher as one of the "Poems of the year" contest that gets read at the last assembly of the school year...mine was chosen, and it was framed in the school halls because it is special.

Christina and I never were friends, and still aren't, but sometimes, we call eachother just to see how we're doing, and to talk.

I hope you enjoyed reading this poem, as it is very special to Christina and myself. smile Thanks for taking the time to read it. smile

Love Sharima

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:22 am
I think your poem was extremly cute and seeing as you wrote it in 8th grade I would have to say that it's really good.
The background story helped lift it even more 3nodding  

Sikorka

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Sharima

Magical Girl

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Sikorka
I think your poem was extremly cute and seeing as you wrote it in 8th grade I would have to say that it's really good.
The background story helped lift it even more 3nodding

Thanks. I feel very deeply about this poem and what you just said made me EXTREMELY happy! Estatic! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:28 pm
I think the poem is kind of sad in itself. With the background, it's a great thing for the two of you to share. Shows that poetry can really understand.  

faerie_ophelia

Sharima

Magical Girl

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:14 pm
rainyeyes29
I think the poem is kind of sad in itself. With the background, it's a great thing for the two of you to share. Shows that poetry can really understand.

Yes, it is pretty sad. Poetry can really mean and do things if the society lets it happen...but unfortunately, they prefer, long boring books of bills and charters. lol. Thank you for your comment.  
44: Stairway to Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games