Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Spiritual Journeys and Herbal Aids Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:52 am
I think I've been to Athens, maybe once or twice. I didn't get to really look around, because we were going for a Missionettes Honor's convention, so it was mostly a location.. It seemed pretty nice, from what I remember, but I think most of Georgia as a whole is a pretty state.

People lace things all the time. It's pretty much why I stave off and away from illegals. The girl at my high school who took some laced drug of some sort (long time since high school) and ended up clawing her eyes out because she thought they were spiders...

You can die from tobacco overdoses. It seems silly, because of how much you'd need to smoke in order to really overdose if you're a regular smoker. Most of the time, people will stop (for 15 minutes) after they start feeling dizzy or sicky, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone would keep going after that. Really, more people die from the long term effects or the quick as hell effects of smoking. As in, falling asleep and house catching on fire.

Yeah, you can. There's a danger to all of these (and out of these, salvia seems the least harmful), but I'm sometimes having a problem with figuring out which monsters are worse -- the ones in the front yard, or the ones in the back?

I'm curious about the taste too.
When they first explored this plant, there's two logical things I can think of why they'd use it. One, is that it tastes good, so they ate more of it than realized they were getting a trip out of it, and the other way is that they ate one, hated the taste but realized it gave them a trip.

o_O;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:53 am
The taste aspect intersts me most because I like sage and I like mint, so one would assume something from a sage mint family would be good and would smell good, unlike a lot of other drugs I can think of that smell gross. I'm thinking that while it wouldn't tip the scale in favor or me trying the drug, it would probably make me more tolerant of others who used the drug because they wouldn't ree after taking it.

*Edit* : I agree about the confusion over which drugs are worse. For example, I went to a seminar for work where we were discussing drinking in the college atmosphere. The presenter told us at one point in time that drinking was worse that using cocaine and I was like "woah there, I don't know about that!" I could see where statistically more underage drinkers probably die or receive serious brain damage than all cocaine users who are killed, but that says more about one's access to coke and inclination to do coke vs pounding a beer. Another factor of this is that one is more likely to die from withdrawl of alcohol than cociane apparently, and since more people in the US drink than do coke, or at least are willing to admit to such, our data on alcohol and its damages is greater than our data about coke usage. I mean how much do we really know about the affects of long term cocaine addiction where we can verify cocaine is responsible for the damage?  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 am
I'd be up for trying something like this provided that I was getting some experienced or professional guidance in its use. Heard too many warnings and tales about individuals who can have odd reactions to things, and while I'm allergy free, Gods know it might be my unfortunate luck to try something like that and it turn out to be the one thing I'm reactionary to. Hehe.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:40 pm
Christina Prince
Nihilistic Seraph
Christina Prince
While I don't buy into the whole drug thing I must confess...I found it easier to write my book after a beer or two. Also certain kinds of tea really makes me feel more relaxed, there for I find it easier to meditate and such after a nice cup of macha or Rooibos Chai
Now here's my question - how is your tea or beer not being used as a drug?

That depends on your definition of drug. Yes tea and beer alter the mind but on no where near the same level as say Acid or Shrooms. I feel the physical affects of tea and beer more so than the spiritual affects. I should correct myself in saying that the tea and beer relaxes my body enough after a hard day's work so that I may do more creative things if the need be there. I don't drink all the time yet most of my good ideas come to me in the shower.
I define drug as any chemical substance, man-made or otherwise that is taken to give certain effects (usually of recreational value, but medical goes as well) to the body.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:44 pm
blindfaith, I'll answer your taste question, and then get back to everyone else later, when I'm not running on 3 hours of sleep xp

It tastes really bad. The smell when you burn it is a strange reek, and from what I've read, the juices from when you eat it taste rather bad as well, and some people actually gag on it. Not good when you're supposed to hold the leaves under your tongue for about 20 minutes straight...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm
Starlock
I'd be up for trying something like this provided that I was getting some experienced or professional guidance in its use. Heard too many warnings and tales about individuals who can have odd reactions to things, and while I'm allergy free, Gods know it might be my unfortunate luck to try something like that and it turn out to be the one thing I'm reactionary to. Hehe.
Check out the link I posted on the front page, it's a quite good source of information, and it might be able to help you out.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Christina Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:47 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Christina Prince
Nihilistic Seraph
Christina Prince
While I don't buy into the whole drug thing I must confess...I found it easier to write my book after a beer or two. Also certain kinds of tea really makes me feel more relaxed, there for I find it easier to meditate and such after a nice cup of macha or Rooibos Chai
Now here's my question - how is your tea or beer not being used as a drug?

That depends on your definition of drug. Yes tea and beer alter the mind but on no where near the same level as say Acid or Shrooms. I feel the physical affects of tea and beer more so than the spiritual affects. I should correct myself in saying that the tea and beer relaxes my body enough after a hard day's work so that I may do more creative things if the need be there. I don't drink all the time yet most of my good ideas come to me in the shower.
I define drug as any chemical substance, man-made or otherwise that is taken to give certain effects (usually of recreational value, but medical goes as well) to the body.

Alright then. I should also mention I never drink to see things, per the steryotype (omg can't spell right now)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:17 pm
Juna Lu's two cents worth:
I personaly never recomend any mind altering drugs of any kind for spiritual workings or journies. Save for, if there is an actaul ritual that acompanies it (everal nataive american and aboriginal and celtic ones exist I beleive) Otherwise I don't advise it, and even if you have some one experienced in such experiences and rituals i still personaly would not recomend it. A native American Peice pipe is all you need, plus that tastes good ^.^ and helps focus your mind instead of put you out of it. Though, just to be hypocritical, I might try some home grown salvia for kicks, but never for any spiritual or meditative purposes.

this concludes my two cents.  

Juna Lu

Dapper Lunatic

born2rock16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:54 pm
Well, my opinion probably isn't that good/important, because I'm not experienced with journeying. I'm new to all workings of anykind.

I probably wouldn't use it with a journey, because I don't think that it's exactly natural. although native american's did use tabacco, and paoti, ect. in workings, I don't know how I would feel doing it. I suppose try with and without and see which you prefer.

I might try it out, just for my personal experience, and before using it in magical workings, just to see how it would affect me.

I might also make a blend of tea with it, and some mint. I've seen it done with pot. It should work the same with salvia.

As for me growing it just for looks, I wouldn't because I don't have much luck with plants myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:09 am
Jezehbelle
I think I've been to Athens, maybe once or twice. I didn't get to really look around, because we were going for a Missionettes Honor's convention, so it was mostly a location.. It seemed pretty nice, from what I remember, but I think most of Georgia as a whole is a pretty state.

People lace things all the time. It's pretty much why I stave off and away from illegals. The girl at my high school who took some laced drug of some sort (long time since high school) and ended up clawing her eyes out because she thought they were spiders...

You can die from tobacco overdoses. It seems silly, because of how much you'd need to smoke in order to really overdose if you're a regular smoker. Most of the time, people will stop (for 15 minutes) after they start feeling dizzy or sicky, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone would keep going after that. Really, more people die from the long term effects or the quick as hell effects of smoking. As in, falling asleep and house catching on fire.

Yeah, you can. There's a danger to all of these (and out of these, salvia seems the least harmful), but I'm sometimes having a problem with figuring out which monsters are worse -- the ones in the front yard, or the ones in the back?

I'm curious about the taste too.
When they first explored this plant, there's two logical things I can think of why they'd use it. One, is that it tastes good, so they ate more of it than realized they were getting a trip out of it, and the other way is that they ate one, hated the taste but realized it gave them a trip.

o_O;
It's doubtful that you'd overdose on salivia (at least when you're smoking it) because in my experience you're already tripping by the time you'd go to take a second hit. At that point you're so in thrall that you wouldn't have the coordiantion to take more. I remember seeing a video on youtube of someone on salvia not even being able to pick up a knife to make a peanut butter sandwhich while on salvia.

I can't be sure, but I don't think you'd be in dnager of having badly cut salvia, as it's expensive enough on it's own, it doesn't need to be augmented. It's not illegal as well so I doubt the people supplying it would be ones in the illegal drug rings in any case.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:10 am
born2rock16
Well, my opinion probably isn't that good/important, because I'm not experienced with journeying. I'm new to all workings of anykind.

I probably wouldn't use it with a journey, because I don't think that it's exactly natural. although native american's did use tabacco, and paoti, ect. in workings, I don't know how I would feel doing it. I suppose try with and without and see which you prefer.

I might try it out, just for my personal experience, and before using it in magical workings, just to see how it would affect me.

I might also make a blend of tea with it, and some mint. I've seen it done with pot. It should work the same with salvia.

As for me growing it just for looks, I wouldn't because I don't have much luck with plants myself.
Tea wouldn't work as the intestine is notoriously bad for absorbing Salvinorum A. It should either be smoked or ingested via the membrane in your mouth.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:50 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
born2rock16

Tea wouldn't work as the intestine is notoriously bad for absorbing Salvinorum A. It should either be smoked or ingested via the membrane in your mouth.

interesting, I wonder why it won't absorb it. Well, I would probably smoke it before I ate it, maybe that's just me.  

born2rock16

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:37 am
born2rock16
Nihilistic Seraph
born2rock16

interesting, I wonder why it won't absorb it. Well, I would probably smoke it before I ate it, maybe that's just me.
I think it has something to do with the chemical composition. Check out the link I left on the front page, you should be able to find some asnwers there.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:57 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Gasp! Yes people I will be talking about the "d" word

Drugs ninja

But before you all get on your high horses let me be precise - I'm talking about salvia divinorum. What is this salvia you ask? Why is Nihl typing in such an odd manner? The odd typing is a result of listening to the La Vie Boheme from the Rent soundtrack.

Salvia on the other hand is an herb related to the sage and mint families that's been used by the Mazatec shamans for some time. It is quite legal in most places (Australia, a couple US states and a couple smaller European countries have made it a controlled substance) and in fact is not harmful to you, beyond results of inhaling a hot smoke.

Salvia is a hallucenogen, and last night I tried it for the first time. It was quite an interesting trip, but I'm hesitant whether or not to use it for spirit journeys.

For one thing, you need a lot of control, and energy that could be spent controlling the vision/trip could alternately be used to just get yourself in a journey state. On the other hand, one could simply have different knacks, and suck at meditation and be good at keeping a firm grip on their mind to give direction to the rather odd results.

But what do you people think? Keeping in mind that salvia is legal and not harmful (the smoke can be avoided by simply making a quid of leaves and holding it under your tongue) would you try it?

For the record, if you're going to try salvia, have a sitter with you to make sure you're alright. Do it in a calm and controlled place, where you won't be distracted or potentially harmed.

Link - http://www.sagewisdom.org/
to say that it is harmless is pretty ignorant of whoever decided that. being an hallucinogen is dangerous enough by itself, simply because of the effects it has, and the greater effects it has on some certain people, like me for instancem who happens to be a schitzophrenic who halluscinates enough without that s**t. besides...smoking's just plain gross. blech! i don't care what it is, tobacco, merijuana, or slavia divinorum. it's still leaf fumes going into my lungs. stare  

twilight insanity

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces