Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims Stories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i love ...
  sims
  gold
  both!
View Results

mis_3a

12,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:01 am
I saw this game called "Sims Stories" ... apparently it is not part of Sims 1 or Sims 2 (just a stand-alone game which is laptop-friendly wink )
and you can make up life-stories for your Sims - sounds soo cool to me! biggrin

Has anyone got it/tried it?
If yes, is it as good as it sounds?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:29 pm
i didnt get it.... even though i use sims on my laptop seasons was gonna come out and since there coompletly different games i didnt get both.... i dont think its much different than the sims 2...  

Kitties_at_the_disco

mis_3a

12,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:09 pm
anyone else ? neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:22 pm
As far as I know it is the base game of Sims 2 and Nightlife both together with some new exclusive items and a story mode. What I don't like is that you can't expand the gameplay with expansion packs.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Jhlalala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:21 pm
i so want that game  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:43 am
i have it and beat it. Basicly there are 4 modes, Rileys story, Vincents story(unlocked while playing rileys), free play, and tutorial. Its structured play meaning you have to complete certain goals in order to advance or get anywhere. You play through a story hence the name. There is no expansions and you cant "freeplay" the cities until you finish there stories.

Its laptop friendly because its missing alot of items and as far as i know no custom content can be put in. Over all its fun but it doesnt last long,

Rileys story:
Riley Harlow had been living in Sim City all her life, until she lost her job. Facing eviction, Riley turned to the one person she could count on, her aunt Sharon. Sharon had always been kind enough to help Riley out in a pinch, so Riley arranged to stay at her aunt’s house in the suburb of Four Corners until she was back on her feet.

Vincents story:
Despite being the wealthy CEO of Jigantor Computing Networks, Vincent Moore has never been lucky in love. While on a business trip to Sim City, Vincent has overseen the finish of JCN’s biggest project to date: The SimSat 9000 Communications Satellite. The launch was flawless, the hands have been shaken and the bonuses are in the mail. Now Vincent eagerly returns to his modest mansion in Bitville to see his new girlfriend, Samantha Hayden. Samantha told Vincent she had a big surprise waiting for him when he got back. Perhaps Vincent's luck is changing...

over all its super fun and i enjoy the structured play it gives you a good story.  

Anneliese Doll

athena08905

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:59 pm
it's actually really just suppose to be for those who don't know how to play it...I didn't see any need in it at all...and actually think they were stupid for making it...it, like, teaches you to play sims, pretty much...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:40 pm
Actully no not at all. Its completly diffrent then that. Its just you play a preset game. But you can play regular to. Its just for lower computers.  

Anneliese Doll

s0rta_a_ang3l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:08 am
its ok. for a little while. i liked the fast loading times. but i missed all the items i was used to from ((all the sims 2 expansions packs except celebration stuff)). i havent played it in a while because i dont like it as much anymore. i just deal with my sims 2 goin a little slow. darn laptop.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:53 pm
from what it seems, it's kinda like the get a life mode in the first sims game (for playstation 2 at least) except in that mode u only had different files but basically the same story. neutral  

randomchild91

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 pm
I know it sounds like a crappy game but I had alot of fun playing it  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash