Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crocheting Issues

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how long have you been crocheting?
  a few years
  a year or so
  a few monthes
  few weeks or days
  i dont crochet
View Results

kagome6051

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:16 pm
well, i FINNALLY figured out how to switch colors right? but, whenever i switch colors it loooks all funny and uneven in that spot, any tips on how to fix it? thanks ya'll!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:30 pm
kagome6051
well, i FINNALLY figured out how to switch colors right? but, whenever i switch colors it loooks all funny and uneven in that spot, any tips on how to fix it? thanks ya'll!

Are you crocheting in the round? If so, there's really no fix. It's just one of those things we crocheters have to live with.

You can TRY doing a few slip stitches to even it out a bit, but I still get a jog when I do that. (Jog being the technical term for that uneven bit)  

Catcheen
Crew

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:45 pm
I wish i had my digi cam, so i could take a picture of what it looks like when i change colors... The lines aren't really straight, they have a sort of bumpiness to the line itself... As far as i can tell, its unavoidable.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 am
There's always a little bit of wonkinerss in the first color join. It usually evens out a bit with wear (or blocking if you're using natural fibers).

To keepo my joins clean I always carefull lay the yarn end that I'm starting or finishing with down along the top of the line I'm going to crochet next (Keeping like colors together as much as possible) and crocheting over the yarn end to lock it in. It's an easy finish so you don't have dangling ends later  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:08 am
You can always try a Russian Join and see if that works a bit better for you. 3nodding  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games