Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
I have a question: Car Dealerships, how?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Children for dinner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:56 pm
How, or can you build Car Dealerships.
I have OFB and Nightlife. I went and started building one, but it wouldnt let me buy cars for the community lot. Does it have to be a home business or something?

I know there is that rotating car displaying thingy so it would make sense to be able to build car dealerships, eh?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:00 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8275605
n00bz like you who dont see the Q&A subforums should be kicked ._.  

Your Dads Car

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:43 am
Um, that has nothing to do with the topic. And that's kinda harsh. I think she means this would be better in the Q and A subforum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:01 pm
Sram is correct in stating that this question belongs in the Q&A subforum, I will move it there now.
However, Sram you should not have said it in the way you did. It was uncalled for.

As to the actual question:
To build a community lot car dealership you can only place cars on the rotating car stand (unless you use the move_objects cheat). This is only possible once a Sim owns the community lot and visits it to stock the stands. You cannot buy cars for the lot until you have a controllable Sim on the lot.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Children for dinner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:46 pm
Menaceman
Sram is correct in stating that this question belongs in the Q&A subforum, I will move it there now.
However, Sram you should not have said it in the way you did. It was uncalled for.

To build a community lot car dealership you can only place cars on the rotating car stand (unless you use the move_objects cheat). This is only possible once a Sim owns the community lot and visits it to stock the stands. You cannot buy cars for the lot until you have a controllable Sim on the lot.

Oh ok thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:46 am
Menaceman

dint mean kicked out of the guild
i meant the verb to kick
its a BIG diference >.>

*kicks chidren for dinner* thats what you get for posting outta the Q&A forums >D
like that >.>  

Your Dads Car

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm
Ok Sram, it just didn't sound that nice, including the nOOb bit.  
Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:52 am
Car dealerships rule. I had Darren Dreamer open up a sports car dealership and he makes crazy money. He almost always has to dazzle each customer but it's worth it. Of course I had him start off selling clothes so he could get a gold badge in selling first.  

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:22 pm
Menaceman

[User Image]

how do you stock them? i have a person who owns a community lot and has like 5 of those rotating stand car things but i can't do anything with them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:52 pm
Take the Sim that owns the lot there and they should be able to buy cars for the stands. You may have to use the shop buy mode which is slightly different to the normal buy mode. Click on the price tag icon in the business UI in the top right of screen and the buy mode should turn yellow. I think you should be able to buy cars then.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items