Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
How Do You Organize? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:56 pm
I have binders for my crochet patterns. I have a few boxes of my different craft magazines, divided by magazine name. Most of my crochet threads are in boxes according to size. Oh, and I have a "works in progress" binder. That's about as far as I've gotten in the organizational process though. My yarns aren't really sorted although some of them are in shopping bags by type. All my fabric is in two boxes along with my other sewing supplies. I'm hoping that I'll have space to organize things better when we finally get moved.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:59 am
Yesterday I finally put most of my patterns into a folder. sad I should get organized soon. These are awesome ideas. I hope no one minds if I use some of these.  

ro-zumari-

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:59 pm
I have different storage bins for yarns. I seperate them by weight and fiber.
Most of my patterns are on the internet, so I've got them organized in my bookmark folders.
My books and binder have their own shelf.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:06 am
My yarns, needles, and most of my knitting books and magazines are kept in this oversized basket by my bed. I know that once the basket gets too full, it's time to do a yarn stash project and use up some of my yarn! Then I can fill it up again.. haha.  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:15 pm
I have come to the conclusion that I don't organize... I put yarn in bags, seal them and throw them into corners. >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:45 pm
Zahra Ovaci
How do you organize your pattern stash, if at all?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I organize by type. I try to not print patterns and I use so many online ones that I have them all bookmarked and tagged at http://del.icio.us/firrantello.
I've taken to transferring the patterns to my palm pilot to work on them (I have a .doc program for it) and so I can save a "working copy" on the harddrive and palm but I don't have paper mess (and I don't kill trees fighting with my evil printer).

Zahra Ovaci
How about your supplies stash?

My mum made me a knitting needle holder for Christmas last year. I have my needles sorted by size. I need a different bag, but since it was a gift I feel bad asking her for another. Oh well. In terms of yarn stash, I have one box with "working" yarn in it in the dorm with me (also with my needles and my books). At home, we have two rolling carts with pull-out drawers. It's organized by color and used as a side table when I'm not digging in it for something.

Zahra Ovaci
Do you group like mediums together (yarns by weight, books or magazines together), instructions for a project sitting with the supplies, or some other method?

I do yarn by color, needles by size, and avoid books xd
I have 2 knitting tote bags, one for small projects and one for big. Currently for example, I have a blanket in one tote and dishclothes in the other. The palm pilot with instructions usually stays in the tote I worked with last. Or on the desk in its charger smile

firrantello

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:03 pm
in my room i have extra closet space, so most of my stuff is stored in there.
i have a clothes organizer that i had from when i was a kid hanging in my closet. (its supposed to help plan out your clothes for what you wear the next day. its kinda like this one)i shove all of my yarn in there
and i have a rolling cart with plastic drawers where i keep some of my other craft supplies (gel pens, crochet hooks, patterns, knitting needles. scissors, colored paper, lanyard string, etc) in there  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:09 am
eek Organize? What's that mean? xp

The most I do is keeping my crochet away from my pompom making stuff, away from my paint, away from my scrapbooking.  

Trekkette

pheonixearth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:18 am
you are definitly more organized than me... But usually my crafting stuff is spread all over the place. I just find it when I need it xd I need to get more organized... stressed  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff