Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
The WRONG way to express love

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CristoVII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:54 pm
So, I was a voluntary teacher aide at my little brother's school, and during science the teacher confiscated a love note. Not only was it spread among eight year olds, but GOD FORBID, IT WAS WRITTEN IN TEXT TALK!. I was horrified. The teacher couldn't understand anything, and I was afraid he would do something rash and stupid like contact a military-grade hacker and codebreaker to come in.

It went something like this:

"l0l k so um i kina wna sa thi bu im frad"

That was a fragment of the first run-on paragraph.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:59 pm
I am an English teacher... where have I gone wrong? What is wrong with the world?  

Archdemonessa

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:00 pm
crying I lament my fate.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:47 am
gonk

I'm sorry, my face is frozen in that expression right now.

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:04 am
******** didn't know that kids that young were even aware of txt tlk! Holy... This is not good. Elementary school kids are still learning to spell properly, and some idiot dumps txt tlk into their laps? Not good, not good at all...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:30 am
Quote:
l0l k so um i kina wna sa thi bu im frad

Translating...

Error! Code: LE-37.

Manual Translation engaged:

Quote:
(Laugh out loud.) Okay, so um, I kinda wanna say this but I'm afraid.

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

X.x.Nari.x.X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:04 pm
rae-chan-sensei
aware of txt tlk! Holy... This is not good. Elementary school kids are still learning to spell properly, and some idiot dumps txt tlk into their laps? Not good, not good at all...

I heard somewhere, the news perhaps, that kids are now typing out essays in "txt tlk" gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:04 pm
Soon it may just spread down as far as my little sister's age group,two year olds! What, may i ask, is the world comming to?  

Serious~Sarcasm

Rainbow-Power Kool-Aid

Colorful Elder

16,100 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:30 pm
X.x.Nari.x.X
rae-chan-sensei
aware of txt tlk! Holy... This is not good. Elementary school kids are still learning to spell properly, and some idiot dumps txt tlk into their laps? Not good, not good at all...

I heard somewhere, the news perhaps, that kids are now typing out essays in "txt tlk" gonk

There was something on the news where I live about disabling the text-messaging option from young people's phones. Teachers are strongly for it and they want parents to be aware of what is being sent through text.
I just had this discussion in my Literature class about the carelessness for proper grammar. The teacher said that many people have been slipping quite a few "text-talk" phrases and wordings. It's just disgusting and students actually believe they can get away with this!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 pm
It's so horrible gonk ninja  

[Psychotic.Ballerina]

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:00 am
Lol txt tlk funy.

Oh I can't stop laughing..  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:32 am
I can see myself in support groups already...

"Hello, my name is Tsuki, and I wish I were dead."

I have to say, your username always makes me hear my school's German teacher say, "Zweite Stufe".

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

Natsuri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:48 pm
X.x.Nari.x.X
rae-chan-sensei

Serious~Sarcasm
Soon it may just spread down as far as my little sister's age group,two year olds! What, may i ask, is the world coming to?

To Serious Sarcasm, "coming" has one "m" and not two. Just to point it out, mate. wink

Before you know it, Baby's first word would be influenced by the new Newspeak, text talk! But it could've been worse...both Newspeak and text talking combined! burning_eyes Shakespearian classics reduced to vowel-derived abominations, Caesar and Hamlet cut into some six-page condensation of grammar-butchering carcasses! dramallama  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:53 pm
rae-chan-sensei
Man... you know what, I'm just grateful that I never even heard of 'txt talk' until I was 12, and by then the CORRECT way to type and write was already stuck in my brain.  

davids_buddy_type_thing

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff